• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bumpstock Question/Comment

Triathloncoach

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
201   0
Reaction score
I own a bumpstock. Ok? The bumpstock was invented and is used so semi autos function similar to a machine gun. Fine.

This is my question. Am I legally allowed to tape a 2 liter bottle to the end of a gun barrel to function as a suppressor? Or whatever bother McGyver like attachments I may attach? Is the bumpfire a kindred spirit to a homemade suppressor?

Pelosi and Feinstein can scream until their Botox falls out, they have marginalized themselves. Please refer to 84 year old Feinsteins success at getting her anti bumpstock bill to the floor.

Ban bumpstocks. Fine. But don’t agree unless our opponants give us something better in return. If they won’t compromise, then we walk away.

I own a bumpstock. Ok? The bumpstock was invented and is used so semi autos function similar to a machine gun. Fine.

This is my question. Am I legally allowed to tape a 2 liter bottle to the end of a gun barrel to function as a suppressor? Or whatever bother McGyver like attachments I may attach? Is the bumpfire a kindred spirit to a homemade suppressor?

Pelosi and Feinstein can scream until their Botox falls out, they have marginalized themselves. Please refer to 84 year old Feinsteins success at getting her anti bumpstock bill to the floor.

Ban bumpstocks. Fine. But don’t agree unless our opponants give us something better in return. If they won’t compromise, then we walk away.
I am betting on no for the bottle... and probably not a good idea to even think about it.

Clutching your banned bumpstock ? I suspect you won't agree when the government confiscates it at gunpoint, but I doubt you'll choose the 'cold dead hands' option.

Don’t hold your breath on house to house government searches at Gun Point. Paranoid nonsense. And all the tough talk on “my cold dead hands” - blustery talk is cheap. Arm chair cowboys.

House to house searches probably will not happen. Neighbors will turn in neighbors and other crimes will reveal banned items. Much like the transferables or “non-transferables” today.

Supposedly this is the most gun friendly Congress and POTUS we've had in decades. Why the hell are we talking compromise?

FB_IMG_1516626585010.jpg

No type of sound control allowed,
18 U.S. Code § 921 - Definitions
firearm muffler
(24)The terms “firearm silencer” and “firearm muffler” mean any device for silencing, muffling, or diminishing the report of a portable firearm, including any combination of parts, designed or redesigned, and intended for use in assembling or fabricating a firearm silencer or firearm muffler, and any part intended only for use in such assembly or fabrication.

Back
Top Bottom