• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Burris XTS 135 Warranty, Good to Go

jmrtree

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
6   0
Reaction score
This is my first gear review post so feel free to ask questions or give me pointers to make this more useful. I had a good warranty experience with Burris recently and wanted to spread the word.

Last year I acquired a used Burris XTS 135 red dot that was appx. 6 months old. I mounted it to an M4 clone using a 3/4" Burris ring to give 1/3 co-witness with iron sites. I zeroed for windage at 50 yards, elevation was good so I did not adjust. I put about 100 rounds through it over the next few months at short ranges. When I had the opportunity to shoot at 100 yards I noticed impact was 5" high so I tried adjusting elevation and realized it would not adjust, up or down. I can not determine when or why this occurred. I filled out a Burris repair form and shipped it to them. In less than a month they returned to me a new XTS 135 for no charge. It included a battery, flip up caps, and new registration card, but no mounting ring.

The obvious comment is that it should not have failed in the first place, so these red dots must be poor quality, right? In response, 1) I don't know how it was treated previously, and 2) the sight held zero perfectly and worked flawlessly in all other areas. Before somebody points it out, I will note that with a 5 MOA dot it is possible to be accurate at <50 yards and be off zero at 100.

In closing, Burris exceeded my expectations by replacing a broken red dot that was out of warranty, FOR FREE. For that I will definitely consider buying other products from them. There are many other good manufacturers out there, but this type of service stands out and in this day and age should be rewarded. Questions and comments appreciated. If you had a similar or different experience with them please share.

Back
Top Bottom