• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bury your guns?

Which would you do?

• Cache your weapons

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Use them

Votes: 22 91.7%

• Total voters
I want to sound like a badass and say come and take them! Cold dead fingers!

But, In reality, if I was faced with armed officers and was told to drop it and/or they were searching the place... I would comply and live another day to take care of my family. They matter more to me than my guns do.

Would I be ticked off? Heck yea. But I’d be alive to watch my little girl grow up.

Having a hidden stash isn’t a bad idea. I’d wish I had one to fall back on if that happened
Not to pick a fight, honestly, cause I see you're a Toyota Man! lol But while I understand your sentiment, the Founders of this country pledged their "Lives, families and fortunes" to fight tyranny. I'm sure all of them, especially the ones who died would have rather lived a peaceful life watching their families grow up. Again, not trying to pick at you, most people feel the same way which is unfortunately how the gov't gets so out of control, knowing that people will quietly submit rather than fight. I'm just trying to get folks to look at things from a different perspective when I can. If someone doesn't wish to fight, I understand-as long as they stay out of the way and don't side with the enemy if the time comes. I know it's a movie but The Patriot always comes to mind. He didn't want to fight either-until he had to. It seems all but inevitable that we will "have to" at some point and it's best to get your mind prepared for that possibility/eventuality now than when you have to. Just a thought. :)

Not to pick a fight, honestly, cause I see you're a Toyota Man! lol But while I understand your sentiment, the Founders of this country pledged their "Lives, families and fortunes" to fight tyranny. I'm sure all of them, especially the ones who died would have rather lived a peaceful life watching their families grow up. Again, not trying to pick at you, most people feel the same way which is unfortunately how the gov't gets so out of control, knowing that people will quietly submit rather than fight. I'm just trying to get folks to look at things from a different perspective when I can. If someone doesn't wish to fight, I understand-as long as they stay out of the way and don't side with the enemy if the time comes. I know it's a movie but The Patriot always comes to mind. He didn't want to fight either-until he had to. It seems all but inevitable that we will "have to" at some point and it's best to get your mind prepared for that possibility/eventuality now than when you have to. Just a thought. :)
Yessir, Toyota guy 100%.

I totally get what you’re saying. They died to illicit change. They went to war. If the fight was brought to my house (his example was a no knock) I’d just be a puddle of my own blood and a name in the newspaper and that wouldn’t fix anything.

I was agreeing with having a secret stash. I think the guys in the social media post both have good points. Fall back and regroup. Stay vertical any way you can and then dig up your stash.

Yessir, Toyota guy 100%.

I totally get what you’re saying. They died to illicit change. They went to war. If the fight was brought to my house (his example was a no knock) I’d just be a puddle of my own blood and a name in the newspaper and that wouldn’t fix anything.

I was agreeing with having a secret stash. I think the guys in the social media post both have good points. Fall back and regroup. Stay vertical any way you can and then dig up your stash.
I getcha. We all have our line in the sand. Rock on the Toyota. Is that a 1st gen Tacoma?

But, In reality, if I was faced with armed officers and was told to drop it and/or they were searching the place... I would comply and live another day to take care of my family. They matter more to me than my guns do.

Would I be ticked off? Heck yea. But I’d be alive to watch my little girl grow up.

Having a hidden stash isn’t a bad idea. I’d wish I had one to fall back on if that happened
Damn it man, no one else ever comes forward to say it. But I'm right there with you. At least feel things out and shop for a militia. I can build a gun. I can make a gun. I know where all my local ghettos are, I can buy a hot gun. But life is irreplaceable. There's a time and a place. Surrounded in your home is not a revolution, it's suicide. For a good cause or not. It's suicide.

Well yeah well I did until it sank with all my firearms in my duffel bag Damn cheap boat. It was hell swimming back to the shore.
giphy.gif
I love his badass stare.

iu

iu

iu

Maybe just bury half your guns.

I followed your suggestion, but having some reservations. Stocks and barrels are stacked in a corner, receivers and magazines are under 4 ft of concrete in neighbors yard, can't help feeling there are some drawbacks to this approach though.....

I followed your suggestion, but having some reservations. Stocks and barrels are stacked in a corner, receivers and magazines are under 4 ft of concrete in neighbors yard, can't help feeling there are some drawbacks to this approach though.....
Lol since when did complete disassembly and several cubic feet of concrete become part of the plan? All you needed was a simple shovel...:lol:

Main reason I don't have kids...cold dead fingers.

Back
Top Bottom