Bury your guns?

Which would you do?

• Cache your weapons

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Use them

Votes: 22 91.7%

• Total voters
Two points:

1-- I don't think I could successfully bury guns underground and expect them to be in working condition years later when I might dig them up. I think they would be rusted and whatever container I used would probably be compromised by seeping ground water.

2-- The reason to bury your guns in the face of gun confiscation, rather than start the Second American Revolution right away, is that until the government steals more liberty than just your gun rights, your fellow Americans won't care enough about the loss of the Second Amendment to help you. And there are not enough Hardcore Second Amendment people to fight and win the Second American Revolution on their own.

If it is true that having a well-armed population is what keeps us free today,

and the Second Amendment HAS served to prevent government overreach in our lifetimes...

... then the loss of the Second Amendment will be soon followed by the loss of other rights and liberties. That means that other citizens who have never cared a bit about guns will suddenly decide that the government is their enemy and they will want some guns. Only when they see due process of law being violated, cruel and unusual punishments being imposed, complete evisceration of the fourth amendment's right to be secure from unreasonable searches and seizures --THAT IS WHEN these fellow citizens (people who are not currently hard-core gun nuts) will want to help take back America, using whatever firearms they can get their hands on.

THAT IS WHEN you dig up your cache and help arm them.

Over a year after the first shooting battles of the American Revolution, our elected leaders drew up a declaration of independence from England and listed our grievances against the Royal government. Notice that gun control is conspicuously absent from this list of complaints-although online where gun nuts gather you are always reminded that Lexington and Concord were battles over gun control when the British attempted to seize stockpiles of arms from the colonists.

If you want to know when would be the right time to take up arms against your own government, the answer will *not* be when one of your enumerated rights is infringed (I'm speaking of the 2A right to keep and bear arms.)

No, you would have to have a laundry list of infringements of other rights.
Read our own Declaration of Independence for yourself and see what it takes to push masses of people into using violence to change their system of government.
Quotes :

"But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government..."

"A Prince [King George III] whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a Tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people."

Over a year after the first shooting battles of the American Revolution, our elected leaders drew up a declaration of independence from England and listed our grievances against the Royal government. Notice that gun control is conspicuously absent from this list of complaints-although online where gun nuts gather you are always reminded that Lexington and Concord were battles over gun control when the British attempted to seize stockpiles of arms from the colonists.

If you want to know when would be the right time to take up arms against your own government, the answer will *not* be when one of your enumerated rights is infringed (I'm speaking of the 2A right to keep and bear arms.)

No, you would have to have a laundry list of infringements of other rights.
Read our own Declaration of Independence for yourself and see what it takes to push masses of people into using violence to change their system of government.
Quotes :

"But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government..."

"A Prince [King George III] whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a Tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people."
But, how many of the grievances listed could be applied today? We are not starting with a clean slate.

Back
Top Bottom