Bushmaster ACR

Partizan

Default rank <750 posts Supporter
Frontiersman
55   0
Reaction score
93F8BF4A-8ADD-445F-A1BC-784F18DCD032.jpeg
9DE0A026-54CF-4B5F-86BB-EA439D35AD7B.jpeg

The gun comes with a (large) hard case, paperwork, and other items. They do not however come with iron sights, which for the price I think it should but no big deal, I have plenty. The gun has a 1 Year warranty from the factory. This ACR did not also come with rails for accessories so I bought the enhanced rail for mine, though Midwest Industries does make an Mlok and Bushmaster is supposed to be producing a Squaredrop (Keymod) version, so I'll probably wind up with both of those, and a fixed stock in the future.

The gun shoots like many (for me at least) of it's competitors in the $1500 range. Without shooting match ammo, I can usually get about 2 MOA, which has been about average with standard FMJ. I have around 1500+ rounds and can only name three stoppages - 2 as a result of a magazine failure, and the other on a random steel cased round. Compared to AR, the ACR doesn't offer much compared to a standard 16" factory gun to your average end user unless you just want a different rifle, but there are others out there also so use what you like. I've shot and owned several different piston rifles ( SCAR 16, Bren, Tavor, number of piston ARs, and the MCX to name a few) and it will compete with those in my own opinion.

I had heard Bushmaster was updating the rifle. That would prove to be correct, with the release finally of other different size barrel lengths, and my rifle has a factory 1:7 twist vs. the older 1:9 on the older rifle. The factory barrel is also a slimmer profile than that of the older M4 profile. And now they are offering the rifle in factory 6.8 SPC, .450 Bushmaster, and a pistol version.

Any questions regarding the platform please feel free to message me. I have the current one pictured below and an older Windham built one to compare.

I am happy to report that I just returned from a training class and the gun performed excellently. No major malfunctions or really any minor for that matter. Fired around 1700 rounds in a 2 day course. Total round count up around the 3000ish mark roughly and still going strong.

-What does ACR stand for?
-This is a .223/5.56 platform?
-What’s the purpose of the extra bbl clipped to the end ?
-Am I misunderstanding you - to say they do NOT come with the picatinny rail attachments on the forend of the stock? (Your statement of they don’t come with rails for accessories)

Thanks in advance for the answers. :)

-What does ACR stand for?
-This is a .223/5.56 platform?
-What’s the purpose of the extra bbl clipped to the end ?
-Am I misunderstanding you - to say they do NOT come with the picatinny rail attachments on the forend of the stock? (Your statement of they don’t come with rails for accessories)

Thanks in advance for the answers. :)
-Adaptive Combat Rifle
-556 yes
-Not a barrel, but the gas block for the piston
-The standard handguard is a smooth plastic one. He added a railed handguard, additionally there is another factory option called squaredrop.
90036_ACR-Pistol_1200px.jpg

Yes the gun is 5.56 sorry. The previous gentleman beat me the punch. As far as the gritty trigger goes, geissele makes a trigger for it, but you have to use the factory hammer spring in it. They put them on the the 18.5” model but I’ve not really had a need personally to change it. Also the 6.8 conversion kits and mlok handguards are out finally on bushmasters website. They also make the gun factory in .450 bushmaster and 6.8.

-Adaptive Combat Rifle
-556 yes
-Not a barrel, but the gas block for the piston
-The standard handguard is a smooth plastic one. He added a railed handguard, additionally there is another factory option called squaredrop.
90036_ACR-Pistol_1200px.jpg

Thanks for the reply. Is this picture a photo of the stock rifle/pistol ? Looks like a pistol length, comes with keymod front or is that an added accessory ?

Thanks for the reply. Is this picture a photo of the stock rifle/pistol ? Looks like a pistol length, comes with keymod front or is that an added accessory ?
Thats the new pistol version and yes thats one of the three factory rail options. Its a stock photo, i dont own one anymore. I got one many years ago and never fell in love with the balance. The new pistol version might sway me to look again.
That’s the factory pistol. It comes standard with the new squaredrop handguard. I’m hoping they will offer the gun with either mlok or keymod.
Doesnt the square drop work with keymod accessories? Dont hold your breath on other style though as squaredrop is remmington/aac/bushmasters baby.

Back
Top Bottom