• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bushmaster

ken grant

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
37   0
Reaction score
I have an older Bushmaster Carbine with that has a A2 Stock on it and would like to install an adjustable stock in place of the A2 stock .
I have a CCA stock but no hardware with it and don't know just what all I need to install it .
I heard there were 2 sizes of buffers and I don't know what size the Bushmaster uses .
Can anyone help me out as to what all I need and best place to purchase it ?

I have an older Bushmaster Carbine with that has a A2 Stock on it and would like to install an adjustable stock in place of the A2 stock .
I have a CCA stock but no hardware with it and don't know just what all I need to install it .
I heard there were 2 sizes of buffers and I don't know what size the Bushmaster uses .
Can anyone help me out as to what all I need and best place to purchase it ?

Grab a Buffer tube kit online. Something like this would work. There are two sizes of tubes (mil spec and.commercial) but that only impacts the diameter of the tube. Either one will thread into your receiver. Your stock needs to match the buffer tube (mil spec stock or commercial)

https://palmettostatearmory.com/tacfire-buffer-tube-kit-black-mar049-b.html

Screenshot_20210531-201212.png

For a 16” barrel with a carbine-length gas system, I would recommend a Vltor A5 receiver extension (or BCM intermediate receiver extension), a Vltor A5H2 buffer, Sprinco “green” rifle spring, and a good castle nut and receiver endplate.

Vltor oftentimes sells the buffer/spring/castle nut/receiver endplate as a kit.

Here’s the Vltor kit. Has everything you need except for the receiver extension.

The Vltor A5 is one of the easiest upgrades to perform on your AR to enhance reliability. It also has the added plus of softening recoil.
EDDDD045-FC7D-4F83-9006-687D37D8FF65.jpeg

My answer remains the same. The Vltor A5 is still the best buffer system available. Also, if he has a 20” rifle, using the Vltor system will keep the length of the buffer system the same. It’s the only buffer system for his carbine or rifle that will result in an actual performance upgrade.

Bushmaster also sold a lot of carbines with fixed A2 buttstocks, like the pic below.

Either way, 20” rifle or 16” carbine, I still recommend the Vltor A5 system.

DD2B57B3-BA13-461E-B58E-608F0400D9B5.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom