• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

but, how do you know if it's stolen???

I think if it came back stolen they would just confiscate it from you. They’d probably also want to know where you got it from, but I don’t think a criminal would take it to the police to check if it was stolen. Worst case scenario is you would be out of the money you paid for the gun.

I think I found a way

I've asked seller to meet me at the local PD parking lot

his response should lend a clue to my original question

remember the old commercial {"who is that behind those Foster Grants"} you never know who your dealing with

thanks for the reply's

no way I would ever contact the Law, most things associated with the Law never turn out for the good even if your in the Right

I'll just pass on the sale -
PS: this is not an ODT sale

and the Report below is not 100%

Thanks
what I got -

FIREARM NOT REPORTED STOLEN

The serial number "739---" has not been submitted to the database.

I wouldn't let that site determine whether or not you're going to make a purchase. It's a database constructed by its users, not by police reports. Joe blow could have his XD40 stolen and not know about hotgunz

I think I found a way

I've asked seller to meet me at the local PD parking lot

his response should lend a clue to my original question

remember the old commercial {"who is that behind those Foster Grants"} you never know who your dealing with

thanks for the reply's
What he say?

Do pawn shops and LGSs run a check before they buy/trade used guns?
They send in a report at the end of each week with the serial numbers to everything they bought that week, not just guns. That doesn't mean anyone at the police department runs all those numbers though, so stolen stuff slips through all the time.

They send in a report at the end of each week with the serial numbers to everything they bought that week, not just guns. That doesn't mean anyone at the police department runs all those numbers though, so stolen stuff slips through all the time.

Indeed it does-- it happened to me. I could have had my stolen gun back 8 years earlier if Dekalb PD (or the pawnshop,but who are we kidding?) did their job. And pity the poor guy who got arrested for possession of it-- but fortunately could prove that he really did buy it from a pawn shop, with a background check.

Dekalb, of course, had zero interest in following up on who sold it to the pawn shop-- after all, all they did was break in a truck, steal three guns and a digital camera. (This was before I could have merely carried them into the restaurant legally, you understand.)

Back
Top Bottom