• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

but, how do you know if it's stolen???

That could be part of the problem why there’s concern of being in possession of stolen property.

Back the Blue !
Or maybe the police would allow the database to be viewed by public

Would be easier for law abiding citizen joe to make sure he isn't receiving stolen property

With all the media BS I can understand the miss trust for the Police
Well like my mom told me growing up if you haven't done anything wrong then you dont have anything to be scared of. I mean if old boy showed up with the gun how could one get in trouble for asking police to check it before you buy it?

Just because the police run the numbers is no guarantee. I bought several long guns from a guy once and had Walker County run the numbers. The deputy came to my house and ran the numbers (looking back, I should have had it done at the guy's house who had advertised the guns). They all came back clean and the deputy actually was going to come back that evening and buy one for his kid. Later that night, the guns were reported stolen and a detective called me. He met me at my house and i turned the guns over to him, and even drove him out to the house where I bought them. They got a warrant and went in but the guy was long gone. Fortunately they caught him in Chicago and brought him back to Walker County and he served the time and I got my money back (5 years later). Long story short, if your gut tells you to stay away, trust it. There's nothing fun about the experience I had and it made me a whole lot more cautious about how I buy or sell.

Back
Top Bottom