• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Buy a Daniel Defense and get a Yeti

Smart guy you are. Last two years of each generation of timing chain accords, Corollas, Camrys and civics that don't contain CVTs, 5.9 Cummins manuals, 7.3 powerstroke manuals and 4 cyl manual trans Toyota trucks or a manual trans Nissan hardbodies. Can't go wrong with any of those vehicles.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I've got a 2001 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 with the Cummins 5.9L 24v turbodiesel. A beast!

I'm slumming it with Aero Precision and Coleman over here.
Don't cut yourself short with a Aero Precision. The were and still are a aerospace and aeronautical parts manufacture. They jumped on the AR band wagon when they saw the potential profits in doing so. The have the ability to make parts to specifications that some manufactures can't touch. They aren't bad rifles. They aren't LWRC but they are for damn sure not PSA. I have built rifles and used their parts ( what the guy wanted to use ) and they are still running like sewing machines from what I am told by the guys that bought them. I still use their NiB bolt carrier groups from time to time. They make great NiB bolt carrier groups. I believe they are coated by Fail Zero.Just because the are expensive doesn't make them a bad gun. They make their profits in making bulk parts for other gun manufacturers.

I've got a 2001 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 with the Cummins 5.9L 24v turbodiesel. A beast!
They can squeeze 800 HP ou out of those engines with very little work. Being a diesel mechanic in my youth I can honestly say the Cummings diesel is the best diesel made. And will ever be made. Ford and Chevy aint got nothing on Cummings. They were designed from the ground up as a diesel and made that way. Ford and Chevy took a gasoline V8 and converted it. With a new turbo and tune they can throw 1000 HP to the wheels real easy. I believe the new ones have 545 HP and 800 ft lbs. of Torque. That's a real powerhouse.

They can squeeze 800 HP ou out of those engines with very little work. Being a diesel mechanic in my youth I can honestly say the Cummings diesel is the best diesel made. And will ever be made. Ford and Chevy aint got nothing on Cummings. They were designed from the ground up as a diesel and made that way. Ford and Chevy took a gasoline V8 and converted it. With a new turbo and tune they can throw 1000 HP to the wheels real easy.
Yeah, the all mechanical 94-98 12v with the Bosch P pumps are the Holy Grail with the 24v following closely behind. I would love to find one well taken care of in a 6sp 4WD.

I have a 7.3 powerstroke with 375,000 and counting and zero issues. The thing about the Cummins is the ability to make and sustain power, the thing about the powerstroke is it never leaks anything and the Ford truck doesn't fall apart around it. Pick your poison I guess.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I'll agree on the Cummins line of Diesels and on the 7.3 powerstroke but only the 7.3... I utterly can not stand anything newer Ford. I'd rather work on European vehicles with all their secretive monopolized technology than the newer junk blue ovals.

I was selling cars and trucks instead of working on them late 90 early 2000's. That when Mercedes still owned Dodge. Their trucks were the best made then. I still have my dad's 2002 with 156,000 miles on it and it still drives like a brand new one. I have just lately had to replace the rotor and cap and ignition pick up. It's had a radiator and water pump and that's all that's been replaced since new. I did go ahead and buy replacement headlamp assemblies. At 40 bucks a piece I can see at night again. Other than wipers, and brakes and a battery that's all I have had to replace. It almost still looks new apart from a few small dings and scratches. It's the loaded out job with the alloy 20's, it has everything but leather. I hate leather in Georgia. I still think it's one of the nicest looking trucks on the market aside from that new sporty looking Dodge truck I see up the street. That truck just looks mean. I just have the 5.9 gas motor. It will last forever as well. It was a byproduct of the 318 motor. Those engines last forever. We had a dodge dart on our show room floor that had a million miles on it. No that's not a exaggeration , It had 1,000,000,000 miles on it. It was a 318. He had the service records to prove the mileage on it. Some guy let us borrow it for the showroom. Car looked brand new.

I was selling cars and trucks instead of working on them late 90 early 2000's. That when Mercedes still owned Dodge. Their trucks were the best made then. I still have my dad's 2002 with 156,000 miles on it and it still drives like a brand new one. I have just lately had to replace the rotor and cap and ignition pick up. It's had a radiator and water pump and that's all that's been replaced since new. I did go ahead and buy replacement headlamp assemblies. At 40 bucks a piece I can see at night again. Other than wipers, and brakes and a battery that's all I have had to replace. It almost still looks new apart from a few small dings and scratches. It's the loaded out job with the alloy 20's, it has everything but leather. I hate leather in Georgia. I still think it's one of the nicest looking trucks on the market aside from that new sporty looking Dodge truck I see up the street. That truck just looks mean. I just have the 5.9 gas motor. It will last forever as well. It was a byproduct of the 318 motor. Those engines last forever. We had a dodge dart on our show room floor that had a million miles on it. No that's not a exaggeration , It had 1,000,000,000 miles on it. It was a 318. He had the service records to prove the mileage on it. Some guy let us borrow it for the showroom. Car looked brand new.
Was his last name bundy?

Back
Top Bottom