• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

buy a house now or wait a few years?

I'm glad I paid my house off when I was 30. I'm also glad I bought land when the economy was crap...
I also bought Morgan silver dollars for $2-$3 each about 20 years ago.
I'm a friggin genius. Too bad I'm the only one who knows it.
I heard you cant buy when economy is crap...its impossible.. I read here. Are you sure you didnt imagine this...

My wife wants to move closer to our grand kids. I like where we live. I like that we live close, but not too close, to town, have a large lake to boat on and play in, live in a very nice community. Why leave, right? Well, we will be moving because.....lol
I say all that to state that my wife and I have put off selling until around April. I am just very uneasy with current events. So, I am not buying or selling right now.

(unless someone makes me an offer I cannot refuse....lol)

I heard you cant buy when economy is crap...its impossible.. I read here. Are you sure you didnt imagine this...

I read the same thing, but only if someone is broke. I ain't rich, but I ain't broke, and I wasn't broke when I bought land.

I have been offered double the price of my land from the time I bought it. I have considered selling, and if they come back and offer more, and I can double my money after capital gains, I will sell it.

I bought in 2007, in Suwanee. I got my house for a decent price it's worth much more now, but I don't really care, it will be my first and last house. In 15 or 17yrs once it's paid off. I'm giving it to my youngest son my other 2 Kids are not as needy as my youngest. Chucklenut, if you are buying in the area we always meet, buy now the area could only go up! My opinion only!

Real estate is the best investment you can make...most times anyways...buy low,sell high...if you have the money when the market is low in my opinion that's when you should buy...but I dont much

When the market crashes you may be fearful of losing your job. Interest rates are pretty low. If you are looking for a starter home, all these numbers the ODT guys are throwing at you prob are out of your range. Do your homework. Look at many and like they have said be prepared to walk. Worst thing you can do is 'fall in love' with a house. But in the long run you are buying an appreciating asset. And a larger down payment with a shorter term mortgage is smart money.

Back
Top Bottom