• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Buy guns that you dont shoot.

CAMSDADDY

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
109   0
Reaction score
I have noticed here and on other forums members with new guns that have never been fired outside of the factory. First I think that is cool if you can do. I just don't know how you do it. When I buy a gun I get so excited I cant wait to shoot it. I dont collect guns. I understand someone buying LNIB collector piece and not firing. I see that as an investment. I see a lot of run of the mill guns that have never been fired. I cant help the first thing I do is get to the range as soon as possible. I remember buying a LNIB S&W 3" Model 13 a few years ago. I picked it up from my FFL and I couldnt get to the range fast enough. I am pretty sure I was the first person to ever load it. I shot it a few times and realized I was scared to damage it. I wish I had kept it. Just curious do you buy to buy or do you buy for the excitement of shooting them?

I’m not a collector. Anything I acquire is going to get used. And anything I don’t use tends to get sailed. It’s more fun that way. What’s the point of sticking them in a safe, taking them out to stare at once in a while?!

What kills me is the posts that say “never been fired but carried a few times” that blows my mind honestly. But yes when I get a new one I fully intend to shoot it that same day, waiting isn’t fun. There’s only 2 guns I plan on getting one day that I don’t plan on shooting and keep in the safe just to have and keep clean - a nickel Colt Python and a nice stainless 1911. Even those I may put a round through just to say I did lol

Back
Top Bottom