• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Buy guns that you dont shoot.

I have a rifle I have only fired one round thru in the 20 years I have owned it. It is a Ruger Number 1 Tropical rifle in 458 Win magnum that the original owner had rechambered to 460 Weatherby magnum. I bought it because it was cheap and is a beautiful rifle and weighs less than 7 pounds. The seller also gave me 50 rounds of his special reloads with it. The one time I fired it was so enjoyable that I have never wanted to shoot it again. Every once in a while one my friends wants to try it. I have never had had anyone want to shoot it a second time.

I have some that I've acquired and just never gotten around to shooting. Some have been sold unfired NIB because I lost interest in the gun or found another model that I prefer better. I still have some that need to be sold now, I just haven't gotten around to listing them.

I Started off over 40 years ago buying the guns i wanted to hunt with. It evolved over time to buy guns i couldn't afford to purchase when I was younger.

Now, I go to my favorite guns that have given me the fondest memories, or I am most comfortable with..
I rarely go pheasant, woodcock or Grouse hunting trips.
I have a fleet of O/U’s that haven't been shot in 10-20 years...

The other reason some are unfired is, I hope to pass them down to my sons, and hopefully they in-turn will pass along to their sons...

I have a rifle I have only fired one round thru in the 20 years I have owned it. It is a Ruger Number 1 Tropical rifle in 458 Win magnum that the original owner had rechambered to 460 Weatherby magnum. I bought it because it was cheap and is a beautiful rifle and weighs less than 7 pounds. The seller also gave me 50 rounds of his special reloads with it. The one time I fired it was so enjoyable that I have never wanted to shoot it again. Every once in a while one my friends wants to try it. I have never had had anyone want to shoot it a second time.
I have a Winchester African 458 Win Mag. The kids wanted me to shoot it on New years eve, because we didn't have any fire works. You are correct one shot is enough! I can only imagine if it weighed less than Seven Pounds!

I will eventually shoot any firearm I own, but sometimes I might get something that might not be around very long (I like imports) and it will sit unfired for a long time for various reasons.

I shoot them all, regardless of age or value. Otherwise how do you know if it deserves the hype?
Some only get 5 or 10 rds and then you see them here, and you should buy it!
It is probably great, just not great for me. Like everything CZ so far.

Back
Top Bottom