• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Buyer beware - Edmondson Elite / Charlie Edmondson

buetang

Default rank <1250 posts
Sexual Tyrannosaurus
89   0
Reaction score
Its not my intent to bash Charlie Edmondson, owner/operated of Edmondson Elite, but.. by default; I will be doing so. I just want to caution anyone that may stumble upon his IG page or FB page that.... for lack of a better word, is a very unreliable knife maker.

Cliff notes:

I traded this person a knife in the beginning of August, it was sold almost instantly (on his IG) upon delivery - value ~$200+. I was told I'd have a knife/knives in early Sept at the latest. Over the next few months, I would be sent pictures of several blades, even some videos of my stuff being made. Then I was shown some other new blades, that I was told I'd be sent to test out, and show off considering the shop I work at. All the while, I saw several blades go up for auction/sale/etc on his IG page while I was being told he was behind, etc *my stuff delayed*. New blades have been posted up, and sold several times since August.

Its now December 1st, and I was told I'd have 'my stuff' this past Tuesday Nov 29th - (still unknown what "my stuff" consit of) considering the specific designs, and options I asked for have yet to be seen, ever.

Anyway, I feel like I've been more than patient. I've only heard excuses. The one positive I will state, in full disclosure. The communication has been great. Unfortunately, thats all it is.. communication and zero delivery on stated promises.

Just a little community public service announcement regarding Edmondson Elite (Charlie Edmondson).

Let me add to this 'saga'... Around the same time (August) buetang buetang told me about this guy, so I sent him an IG message asking if he could make me a custom skinner. He said yes, and agreed that it would be about 2 weeks. Paid him a deposit, and finally two weeks ago, I told him I was done and just chalking this up as a loss. He will promise you the world and never make good on what he says.

What buetang buetang didn't say is the guy actually said "the Post Office has a strict no shipping policy in the rain".. If that doesn't tell you what kind of guy this is i'm not sure what will.

You're way too nice here. That guy stole from you.

I agree... Truth be told, I wasn't "overly" concerned with my whole project, until I found out what was also going on with 3sport 3sport (who is a personal friend)... then I got much more irritated, at my situation, as well as his. If the guy hadn't been in such good comms. I would've been much more worried, way earlier on. But yes, I let it go on too long... and was WAY too nice about this situation. Part of that was in an attempt to actually GET something.

Adding to what 3sport 3sport said... he also told him that he'd refund his deposit (PayPal) - this has also yet to happen, and you can't blame not sending a PP sum on anyone but yourself.... so..... yeah. We were stolen from, thats the long and short of it.

This is him blaming 3sport 3sport for not paying for the remainder of his knife, when he had no idea he was supposed to be paying for the remainder of his knife.... 3sport 3sport 's knife was 'sent off to the sheath maker' for over a month to have a leather sheath made for a sub 4" blade. The bottom part is him telling me the post office wouldn't deliver my stuff in the rain. :suspicious:

Attachments

• ee excuses.png
    ee excuses.png
    141.4 KB · Views: 352
Yeah, Hey man, where's my knife???? :boink:

Yeah, this was not the case at all.

But I get and appreciate the humor.

Telling someone something will be mailed, as in it exist and is ready is totally different than being pestered by a customer.

I've been told I'm getting a lot of things, and have asked for a tracking number more than once. All I've gotten (including today) is an empty mailbox/porch with a return label from EE.

Back
Top Bottom