• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Buyer beware - Edmondson Elite / Charlie Edmondson

I'm a huge fan of the knives being mad by 36fatfrinds I haven't personally had one in my hand yet but certainly plan to do that. However I have a great appreciation for everything he's posted. I've been forging blades since 1988 and consider myself a pretty good judge of a quality piece of craftsmanship......keep up the good work man
Wow!! Thank you! Very much appreciated. I hope we are all able to make this ODT knife meet up happen!

I noticed a few of Edmondson knives for sale on Ebay. After reading about your problems, which don't seem to be isolated, I will not buy from the guy. Plenty of other good knife makers out there. Thank you for warning other ODT people about this guy, may have saved others from a situation similar to what you guys have experienced.

Need a deposit before you begin work? You are a hobbyist, not a professional.

Not true, Ive paid plenty of deposits on custom knives. A: It shows the builder that you are serious and not wasting his time. B: if you fail to pay when he gets done, he's only out of time because your deposit paid for materials. I have been in the custom rifle world for a while and there's no way Im starting a custom build without a deposit.

I feel your pain OP, I have been in your situation twice once with a custom rifle and once with a 2011 build. That's why my business moto is to under promise lead times and over deliver.

Not true, Ive paid plenty of deposits on custom knives. A: It shows the builder that you are serious and not wasting his time. B: if you fail to pay when he gets done, he's only out of time because your deposit paid for materials. I have been in the custom rifle world for a while and there's no way Im starting a custom build without a deposit.

I feel your pain OP, I have been in your situation twice once with a custom rifle and once with a 2011 build. That's why my business moto is to under promise lead times and over deliver.

I wasn't put off by me sending him my trade first, what's ironic in all of this... The knife I sent him in trade was one of his knives I picked up in trade here on ODT. It was a nice knife, but a little too big for what I wanted... So, I hit Charlie up about a trade for a couple of his smaller knives. He was all about it. The rest is history.

unfortunately alot of "builders" get in over their heads. Suppliers start to fall behind then they have to rob peter to pay paul. thats what happened with my rifle build. Luckily my 2011 guy refunded me for all my parts after I told him I had enough.

unfortunately alot of "builders" get in over their heads. Suppliers start to fall behind then they have to rob peter to pay paul. thats what happened with my rifle build. Luckily my 2011 guy refunded me for all my parts after I told him I had enough.

Ironically. This is the same thing I've been going through for these knives. He has all his materials outsourced..water jetted blanks, heat treatment and sheathes. The blame has been placed on these others, rather than himself. Among other things.

Hence you have reached the AR15 market of knives. A true "Maker" Does everything in House.

Trust me, I didn't know this was his method before hand. I don't think it was always like that.. The knife I traded him was hand forged and done totally in house.

Back
Top Bottom