• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Buying a car at auction?

My son has a used car dealer license, although his main business is paintless dent removal, instead of going to a public auction I would recommend going to Enterprise rental cars facility on Buffington rd off spur 14 in south metro. Only dealers are allowed, so you would have to find one to take you there to look at their inventory. I got a smoking deal on a 2015 Camry there with 43,000 miles, They have cars, trucks,suvs and vans there you can drive them around the lot and check them out, you can't drive them off the premises until your dealer buys them though!

It's tough to buy a car like that at a public auction. A Toyota SUV at that price point is a commodity and will most likely be found at a restricted dealer only auction. If you do get lucky and find one you will be competing with quite a few folks to buy it.

It's very hard for an individual at an auction. Your best bet is to go with a dealer that you know to bid for you. Many other dealers are very rude and will drive up the price on an individual just because. If fact many auctions are unavailable to the public anymore. Whenever one of our family members or friends are looking for a specific vehicle, we bring them with us to check out the vehicles early and drive them. Then, during the auction they stay outside and we bid for them.
Not all cars at the auction are there because they have issues. In fact most of the newer vehicles say 2005 and up are 1 owner vehicles that the owner traded in to a dealership for a new vehcile.
I will keep my eye out for you if you want. I go to the auction on Wednesday in Cumming.

Back
Top Bottom