• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Buying a MG on form 4 out of state

Apollo

Default rank <3000 posts
ODT Junkie!
96   0
Reaction score
What would be the easiest and fastest way to purchase a MG from a non FFL on a form 4 out of state? Do i have to wait for both form 4s to get back before possession

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Others will jump on this later today with more details but in short, you have to involve a dealer in your (receiving) home State. And I think there is a cost involved to transfer to that dealer, and then again to you. It stays with the dealer while you wait on approval. If you are buying from an individual, usually this means you pay on transfer to the dealer.

There are some Class 3 level dealers on here that will know exactly.

Others will jump on this later today with more details but in short, you have to involve a dealer in your (receiving) home State. And I think there is a cost involved to transfer to that dealer, and then again to you. It stays with the dealer while you wait on approval. If you are buying from an individual, usually this means you pay on transfer to the dealer.

There are some Class 3 level dealers on here that will know exactly.
Yes i know where the MG would be going to be transferred too. My question is would the seller have to wait for the dealer to get the stamp back before he sends it? Would my FFL dealer be able to get the paperwork expedited like a form 3 somehow? Is there a way to do this without a 2 year wait basically...

Yes i know where the MG would be going to be transfer too. My question is would the seller have to wait for the dealer to get the stamp back before he sends it? Would my FFL dealer be able to get the paperwork expedited like a form 3 somehow? Is there a way to do this without a 2 year wait basically...

I think the item gets transferred to your dealer on a form 3 and they will have you file the form 4 when they get the item

Form 3s are only used with both parties are SOT paying dealers/manufacturers/importers.
Form 5s are when ONE party is a government entity, deceased party, or when transferring items for repair.
Form 4s for everything else.

What would be the legality of one adding me as a trustee of a NFA item, then a 5320 to get sent to me, then a form 4 to individual?

Are you trying to avoid paying a second tax? That is tax evasion in the eyes of the ATF.

Unfortunately the two form 4s is just a harsh reality when buying out of state, non FFL owned items.

Back
Top Bottom