• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Buying guns across state line?????'s

So an FFL in another state can sell me a long gun and I can take it home with me but if I buy it from an individual it has to go through the transfer process ?

So an FFL in another state can sell me a long gun and I can take it home with me but if I buy it from an individual it has to go through the transfer process ?

YES

If a firearm changes ownership of non related people, across state lines, then it must be processed through an FFL.

Man alive there is a **** ton of ****ty advice here.

You may certainly buy a handgun from a resident in another State, what you may not do is have him transfer it to you directly either in person or by common carrier. You must have the seller ship it to a receiving FFL in YOUR State where you will fill out a 4473 and have it transferred to you.

If I only have 4 American made parts on an AK, will I be going to jail like everyone else non compliant to 922r. If I go 57mph in a 55mph.........

Go thru a FFL if you want to abide by this law, no biggie. Or just buy it and be at about as much risk as getting struck by lightning.

The word of God regarding firearms transactions across state lines. From the ATF itself:

READ AND BEHOLD

Are you serious?

You actually want folks to "read and comprehend" this?

There are a lot of people on this site that have a serious comprehension deficiency, or it could be the reading part that's giving them trouble.
Is this why everything has gone to picture warnings, instead of words?
Rabbit for fast, turtle for slow.
I remember when a STOP ahead sign said STOP ahead. lol

If I only have 4 American made parts on an AK, will I be going to jail like everyone else non compliant to 922r. If I go 57mph in a 55mph.........

Go thru a FFL if you want to abide by this law, no biggie. Or just buy it and be at about as much risk as getting struck by lightning.

That's what those thieves thought when they stole my firearms.
15 hours later were trying to sell then to a ATF agent working undercover. lol

Back
Top Bottom