• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Buying guns across state line?????'s

I'm a Georgia resident and I bought a shotgun at Walmart in SC a couple years ago.

That's pretty much all I can add to this travesty of an "advice" thread.

Carry on with the FUD, misinformation and outright lies gentlemen.

:pound:

LOL, I buy guns out of State frequently. Pistols I have shipped from an FFL (or the seller) to Firearms Traders Warehouse where Mr. DeHart handles my transfers.
Rifles or shotguns I buy at an FFL and bring home in my car. It needn't be more complicated than that.

The one caveat I understand is that if you buy a pistol AR from your brother cousin in another State, you can legally claim it's a rifle as long as you put a regular buffer tube and stock on it.

The one caveat I understand is that if you buy a pistol AR from your brother cousin in another State, you can legally claim it's a rifle as long as you put a regular buffer tube and stock on it.

This has been so FUBAR that it makes my head hurt trying to sort it out.

https://www.atf.gov/questions-and-a...8-and-21-years-age-acquire-handgun-unlicensed

An individual between 18 and 21 years of age may acquire a handgun from an unlicensed individual who resides in the same State, provided the person acquiring the handgun is not otherwise prohibited from receiving or possessing firearms under Federal law. A Federal firearms licensee may not, however, sell or deliver a firearm other than a shotgun or rifle to a person the licensee knows or has reasonable cause to believe is under 21 years of age.

There may be State or local laws or regulations that govern this type of transaction. Contact the office of your State Attorney General for information on any such requirements.

[18 U.S.C. 922(b)(1)]

Back
Top Bottom