• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Buying Land

if you go west, make sure you go a good ways past douglasville......we're all trying to leave!

Douglasville is is the woods: just ask the Democrats at the Subway on Panola Rd.

Douglasville is now Atlanta Light.

I sat on I-20 for 1 hr & 10 mins yesterday due to a some sort of Jeep suv going shinny side down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Highway 41 growth seems to keep moving North.

A Sunday stroll on the northwest side of Acworth will Confirm.

If you are trying to escape expansion, that Dallas/Acworth/Cartersville area isn’t where to go.

The number of houses built in that area in the last 10-15 years would truly blow folks mind if they knew.

Reason I’m aware is I once worked for a heavy equipment dealer & would go around servicing & repairing equipment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I'm in acworth now

Sounds like you are trying to stay in the Atlanta area. It is all turning libtard. If you are close enough to commute to Atlanta, it is just a matter of time untill the infection tales over.

Today, folks leaving the Atl sprawl are buying in Mansfield, Greensboro Eatenton, and Milledgeboro areas.

Forget Atlanta and it's bedroom counties.

Cartersville may hold out against the expanding sprawl a little longer than most but it's still coming. Even as far north as Holly Springs its getting ridiculous when it comes to land prices. I think Jasper (Putnam County) is a good buy. The expanding sprawl will hit there too but not for a while. And when it does you will do well with property value increase. Putnam didnt do the no school tax after retirement like Gilmer did to the north so a lot of the folks that wanted to live further out jumped over Putnam and Gilmer is better set up for expansion now. Putnam is now considering implementing the the no school tax and I believe that will have a positive effect on property values. As a realtor I do a good bit of biz in North, GA now. With so many businesses moving into the Woodstock/Kennesaw area I deal with quite a bit of younger folks moving north because it's the same or better work commute from there down as it from here to other places. Bottom line is property prices are high everywhere. If it's a screaming deal there's probably a reason. There are still some good spots around you just have to be patient and ready to jump when you find what you want. I like Cartersville it all just depends on where you have to be daily (commute), whether you are looking for land to build on, land with house, etc. Anyway, that's my 2 cents. Best of luck and if you want me to keep my ear to the ground for a specific type of property let me know.

Back
Top Bottom