• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Buying Land

Well I think my 8 year old starter home has finally served it's purpose. The next door neighbor is now a section 8 house with the new resident freshly transplanted from Detroit. My home value is up $60,000 from when I purchased it and well we live in Henry County if that wasn't reason enough. The top of our list at the moment is Cartersville area but property is a touch higher than we were hoping to spend. I think we will be content with 1-2 acres unless an amazing deal came along on more land in the right place. We are hoping to find something somewhat secluded on the edge of town. Second in the running would be somewhere along the 985/441 corridor but we don't really know where to look other than Clarksville.

Does anyone live in either Cartersville or Clarksville that has an opinion? My biggest concern is with the growth in Cartersville it may not be long from becoming another overdeveloped Henry County. I don't want to invest into property and building a home only to find myself in the same predicament in 4-6 years time.
yep here too in lithia sp.that music drives me up the wall and they think every one wants to hear it, they sux the system sux, and the end is nearly am going to run just like the rest of the whites have ,and give it to them.

Growth in Cartersville, lol, where? I've lived here all of my life (40 years), and it's still a small town with that good old boy system still going. People here complain because we don't have a whole lot of options for dining!

I don't know anything about Henry county, but I don't think that you have anything to worry about in the near future as far as Cartersville exploding. I haven't heard of anything on the horizon.

I live on almost 40 acres (wife's family land, although we own 2 acres), 5 minutes off of I-75 on Hwy 20. I am 5 minutes from Pinelog Wma (14k acres). I can be down town within 10 minutes, Canton in 20, Kennesaw roughly the same, or in Atlanta or Chattanooga in under an hour.

Land has to be cheaper here than in Henry County and there's still some to be had. I have a buddy that is a realtor if you'd like to contact him and have him pull some stuff up for you, and another that is a Land Surveyor that may know of some land for sale. Pm me if you have any specific questions and I'll do my best to answer them.

The road widening project that seems to never be ending, the new Kroger and all of the surrounding businesses. There is certainly growth happening in Cartersville that is why it is appealing because all of the places that currently interest myself and my wife are moving into the area or being remodeled into nicer newer buildings. It's a blessing and a curse.

Sounds like you are trying to stay in the Atlanta area. It is all turning libtard. If you are close enough to commute to Atlanta, it is just a matter of time untill the infection tales over.

Today, folks leaving the Atl sprawl are buying in Mansfield, Greensboro Eatenton, and Milledgeboro areas.

Forget Atlanta and it's bedroom counties.

My current job means I need to stay near the interstate. My biggest account is in Macon and the next largest has me traveling to East Point regularly. It's the primary reason I've avoided going north of 20 for so long. Most of my money is below 20. Also my parents and my MiL are around Henry County and free childcare you know. Then my family tire store is in Stockbridge which I try to help my dad out when I have available time. The good news is that my parents will likely follow in the same direction once we leave.

Highway 41 growth seems to keep moving North.

A Sunday stroll on the northwest side of Acworth will Confirm.

If you are trying to escape expansion, that Dallas/Acworth/Cartersville area isn’t where to go.

The number of houses built in that area in the last 10-15 years would truly blow folks mind if they knew.

Reason I’m aware is I once worked for a heavy equipment dealer & would go around servicing & repairing equipment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

41 still looks the same as it has the last 10-15 years from 92 up through Cartersville past Calhoun, unless you count the ball fields at Lakepoint, but that was just an old mining property. There was a lot of talk about it bringing a lot into the area, but it hasn't added anything but an couple of hotels and fast food chains on that exit. Other than a fast food restraunt, there isn't much being built in Bartow, unless it's a business rebuilding.

Most of the houses being built are in subdivisions that have been in place since the crunch. Get outside the city limits in areas like another guy mentioned (Rydal, White, Taylorsville) and it looks the same as it did when I was a kid.

Crime is petty in Bartow County, with the occasional stiff body. Typically it's someone not living right to begin with that ends up being placed in a bag, or someone committing suicide around the lake.

New houses in subdivisions range from the mid $100k on up. Schools are good, and rarely do you hear of anything crazy going down at one of them. If your kids play sports, the Cartersville City schools always has top notch teams in most sports. Kid in band or drama? Woodland (one of the county schools), is a good school with programs lending to that side of the spectrum.

Eventually there will have to be growth just simply because of the population rising in the world, so spread is going to happen anywhere. Truth of the matter though is, Cartersville is just far enough from Atlanta that most people don't want to commute that far. That means your urbanites don't want to live here. I don't see any major growth happening in the next 20+ years, and that's someone who had almost 20 years in the land surveying industry up until a little over a year ago.

I was referring to the area between hwys 41 & 61 back down to Douglas county: that triangle boomed with expansion before the “Crunch.”

There are probably 4-5 times more homes there today than were in 2001.

That area will continue to Boom.

A ride up Dallas Acworth Highway will confirm, as previously stated.

When on Hwy 92 at the Dallas Acworth intersection, go straight next time rather than turning onto Dallas Acworth hwy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That's my plan. Once I get to retirement age I'm going south. To those town you never knew were in Georgia. The curse is that you basically have to stay in the metro area in order to make good money. Or at least in my field you do.

Buddy I drive through towns every day I never knew existed. I'm headed to Montgomery via Macon tomorrow and I will see more places I've never heard of.

I wouldn’t buy right now unless you are planning to stay for at least 10 years.

The real estate market is still way overpriced. We will see a correction soon, and I think recovery will take a while this time.

Clark Howard actually talked about the virtues of renting out in a new area for while to see if you will like it. A purchase you might be unhappy with in a market this puffed up could be really expensive.

The house we are currently in I bought as an investment when the market was down and I lived here for 2 years prior to my wife and now we've been here 6 years with a 4 year old daughter. I feel like if I've made it 8 years in our starter home then 10-15 years in a custom home is a reasonable goal. I also plan to run solar panels which will take 10-15 years to show a break even.

Back
Top Bottom