• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Buying/selling advice re: money orders

heck yeah,I went to 3 different ones and none could cash.So I deposited the thing
Dealing with the PO attitude can be as bad as the MO paper. I think sometimes these employee's just get a stick up their @$$ from the boredom... Just my opinion and it ain't worth much...

See, that's my problem. If the P.O. doesn't have the funds to cash it, then I don't have a local bank to just deposit it into. Will no one else cash a M.O.?

Never deposit any kind of money order in your bank account. Cash from the USPS only. If you deposit at the bank, it can bounce as long as 2 weeks later, even if it appears to be a USPS MO, those get counterfeited just like everything else. The PO can tell if it is good, the bank? Nope.

See, that's my problem. If the P.O. doesn't have the funds to cash it, then I don't have a local bank to just deposit it into. Will no one else cash a M.O.?
Not likely. Friday afternoon post offices usually have some cheese on hand.

If you want to cash a MO at the PO, do it after 3 PM, not early morning.

If you can't cash a MO at your post office, you may not be in a good local for selling via the interwebs.

not worried so much about folks on odt and thats the only place I get em or send to.I hate it that more wont mail smaller items.

Agreed, knowing a little about the sender helps.

Never deposit any kind of money order in your bank account. Cash from the USPS only. If you deposit at the bank, it can bounce as long as 2 weeks later, even if it appears to be a USPS MO, those get counterfeited just like everything else. The POI can tell if it is good, the bank? Nope.

If there is no background with the sender I would be much more unlikely to even do one. When you post stuff on CL and other sale sites you will get bombarded with offers and even willing to pay you a little extra for holding the item till it clears then...

On ODT people would be pretty easy to trace due to the amount of info given to sign up

Just like others have said, only use Postal money orders. I have not had any problems with the Postal Money Orders. But I always go to the Post Office to verify it is real, and then I deposit it because my Post Office seldom has much cash available. So far, so good.

Back
Top Bottom