• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Buying someone elses hot rod and then trying to figure out what parts are on it?

Hard to read that part number, but I don’t see why you can’t track it down. Worst case you get calipers, rotors, pads and brackets for whatever calipers you pick. Good thing about a 9” is all the options you have.

$350 will get you a kit from summit racing that includes calipers, brackets, pads, rotors, hoses and hardware to do a complete 9inch. Judging by the looks of those calipers, it would be a sound investment.

Master power brakes and SSBC brakes have tech lines where you can ask them to look up your stamp numbers and try to cross reference them.

I had to do the same thing with a Mopar that had aftermarket brakes.
The fronts came off a Chrysler New Yorker and the rears from a Ford Thunderbird.

Have a pic of the pads? Inner and outer
brake pad backs.jpg
brake pad width.jpg

Well SSBC was absolutely no help. They have no way to look up their own parts using dimensions. The guy asked me yr, mk and mdl just like Autozone so they are no help. Pretty much tells me not to buy anything from them.

Calipers are 1980 Lincoln Versailles. I thought I had located a rotor with a Raybestos 96586 and had it ordered. Everything matched except one measurement. The Strange Engineering axles on this truck measure 6 1/4 inches in diameter. The inner part of the rotor was 6 1/4 inches. A lousy 1/8th of an inch off. Back to square one.

BTW the Raybestos 96586 is for a 1997 Jaguar XJ6

Ended up buying 78 Lincoln Mark V 5 x 5". I bolted them top hat to top hat with the old rotor and then drilled the 4 3/4 pattern into the new rotors. It was easier than I thought it would be.

You need to join HAMB and post up the pics

Those guys know a lot about old cars

This!!! times 100! Best I would tell you is that you probably already know more than most service guys at these stores. I went to an Autozone one day looking for a simple Holley rebuild kit for the Fairlane and the bozo behind the counter wanted to know what year the car was and the engine....LOL I tried to explain the fact that Holley was a performance aftermarket carb but he just didn't get it HAHAHAHAHAHAH Advance same ****.....finally found one at O'Rielly's before going postal on everybody but damn, jus tdamn!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom