• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bwahahaha!

The article questions many of the assumptions made by the study's authors. By no means does the article say that EV are more expensive to own operate. It merely states the verdict is still out and the automotive industry needs to continue studying the issue.

I'll never own an EV. Don't think I know anyone that does. I'll just keep my pickup.

My conspiracy theory thoughts worry me that if all Americans are forced to utilize EVs and electric appliances in the home [no natural or propane gas], then what keeps the government or even a hacker from flipping the switch and we are all instantly power-paralyzed until a ransom is paid or we have to promise to vote Democrat ? Thanks.

It's really a question of your own situation whether an EV makes sense or not.

Pre-COVID I was looking at a Model 3 because I had free charging at work, and the 12 mile as-the-crow-flies (one way) commute would have meant I had no issues with range.

Compared to my 14MPG truck the Tesla would have definitely been cheaper to run, although I would still have kept the truck for longer trips or hauling stuff.

The article questions many of the assumptions made by the study's authors. By no means does the article say that EV are more expensive to own operate. It merely states the verdict is still out and the automotive industry needs to continue studying the issue.

I'll never own an EV. Don't think I know anyone that does. I'll just keep my pickup.
Hey now. You don't expect everyone to actually read the article now, do you?!

My conspiracy theory thoughts worry me that if all Americans are forced to utilize EVs and electric appliances in the home [no natural or propane gas], then what keeps the government or even a hacker from flipping the switch and we are all instantly power-paralyzed until a ransom is paid or we have to promise to vote Democrat ? Thanks.
Same could be done with pipelines, gaslines, refineries and our current electrical power grid. Theoretically, we should already be living in a constant state of fear. I'm not going to live my life in fear. I have enough inner demons to contend with

Back
Top Bottom