• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bwahahaha!

It's really a question of your own situation whether an EV makes sense or not.

Pre-COVID I was looking at a Model 3 because I had free charging at work, and the 12 mile as-the-crow-flies (one way) commute would have meant I had no issues with range.

Compared to my 14MPG truck the Tesla would have definitely been cheaper to run, although I would still have kept the truck for longer trips or hauling stuff.

"free" charging at work; there's that subsidized thing again.

We have 2 hybrids and I think that is the best compromise for this technology in the real world. I wouldn't have an issue getting another Toyota hybrid. Mine Prius is averaging 52.6 mpg and the wife's Rav4 is averaging is averaging around 38 mpg. She drives it hard, so most people would get better mileage. Her non hybrid RAV 4 got about 25-26.

We have 2 hybrids and I think that is the best compromise for this technology in the real world. I wouldn't have an issue getting another Toyota hybrid. Mine Prius is averaging 52.6 mpg and the wife's Rav4 is averaging is averaging around 38 mpg. She drives it hard, so most people would get better mileage. Her non hybrid RAV 4 got about 25-26.
I agree. My truck is a hybrid. Darn thing can power my house. Had an interlock kit put on the panel box, plug up the truck, park on driveway, program and lock it up. Ford Powerboost. Get 22-24 mpg on avg.

Agreed. If you want one, get it. But don’t tell me they have less impact on the wallet OR environment. They are a “feel good” purchase.
Read an article last week about a Tesla that smacked a guard rail then caught fire when the fire department dragged it off the rail. THEN it burned uncontrollably for hours. Water won't put out an EV fire. They just keep reigniting AND emitting horribly toxic fumes. So... add all that on top of the child slave labor it takes to produce the battery components and the fact that ALL EVsare powered by coal fired power plants and what do you get?
A big stupid ass virtue signaling status symbol that ain't the least bit practical for anyone.

"free" charging at work; there's that subsidized thing again.

Yup, it was something available to me so it factored into my personal equation when it cam to EVs.

Read an article last week about a Tesla that smacked a guard rail then caught fire when the fire department dragged it off the rail. THEN it burned uncontrollably for hours. Water won't put out an EV fire. They just keep reigniting AND emitting horribly toxic fumes. So... add all that on top of the child slave labor it takes to produce the battery components and the fact that ALL EVsare powered by coal fired power plants and what do you get?
A big stupid ass virtue signaling status symbol that ain't the least bit practical for anyone.

Water won't put out a gasoline fire either... that's why they use foam.

But you're not wrong on how bad a fire lithium batteries can create.

Back
Top Bottom