• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

By-sportsual ND vs UGA final thoughts

jett1963

Default rank <1000 posts
ODT addict
17   0
Reaction score
Dawgs needed this game- shows we need to work on pass blocking and getting after the opposing QB. I figure this may be Kelly ‘s last year at ND. The two “injuries “ to slow the game did not impress. Corso called UGA ugly..... not cool, and Gary Danielson is one more piss poor sports announcer.
GO DAWGS!!!!

Loved the win! The atmosphere was insane.

UGA's defensive approach seemed to be to contain Book and not let him beat them with his feet. But dang, we just about let him beat us throwing to that monster Kmet.

I love Kirby but the game was won on depth of talent and home field advantage. With the exceptions of tight end and punter UGA was vastly more talented than ND. Our coaches still have some growing to do.

Danielson is a tool on his best day. He's an Indiana boy and total ND hack.

Reactions: STI
Loved the win! The atmosphere was insane.

UGA's defensive approach seemed to be to contain Book and not let him beat them with his feet. But dang, we just about let him beat us throwing to that monster Kmet.

I love Kirby but the game was won on depth of talent and home field advantage. With the exceptions of tight end and punter UGA was vastly more talented than ND. Our coaches still have some growing to do.

Danielson is a tool on his best day. He's an Indiana boy and total ND hack.

Well said

For those that went..... how was the light show in person?
.... thought I was going to have a seizure! Being an alumni of both (Uga undergrad-ND grad) I can say that I am proud of my Irish! Talent wise they were in outmatched but hung in and made it respectable..... Kelly has to go.....!

Reactions: STI
I wasn't too bothered by the pass rush. We held a very mobile QB to a handful of rushing yards and for the most part, didn't allow passes deep down field. Looked to me like many times the D line would get a good push and hold position rather than flush Book.

As for Kelly, I've never liked the guy but I thought they had an excellent game plan. UGA's special teams made it closer than it should have been but ND came to play. Well, until UGA would get momentum...then ND came to flop.

For those that went..... how was the light show in person?
Went to the game. It was a blast! Light show was unreal. I’m a fan of both teams and game didn’t disappoint. My one son is a Dawg fan and the other an Irish fan. Three hour ride home had me laughing. A memory for sure. Tried to attach a video of the light show but it won’t let me. Here’s a pic.
ABBCD3ED-D0DA-4DE5-9132-5B12B06FAF5D.png

FCDE70FE-D0F1-4638-B8B1-2BB2B89EB83D.png

Back
Top Bottom