• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

C-Products AR mags in 7.62x39

Jeddak

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
142   0
Reaction score
Anyone use them for their AR in 7x62x39? Reviews on the Net seem to be better for C-Products that ASC 7.62x39 mags.

I can vouch for them. I have 4 ASC mags that needed quite a bit of metal removal to work. I bought 4 C mags and my buddy bought 6. All worked perfect. No comparison.
I did have to reprofile my feedramps on my PSA upper to run.

That's what I am findng. ASC is popular, but requires work. C=Products require filing, but less often. Brownells has them for $17.99 shipped.
They are for a Windham factory 7.62x39 AR.

I haven't used then for that caliber but in 6.8 spcII which is a ornery round to deal with runs in them just fine. Those same mags from Barrett are 40+ bucks a piece so C-products is my go to mag. Look at Pro Mag also. I have those in AR10 and they work like a champ as well.

Thank you, guys! Ordered 5 C-Products mags to get the $10 discount and free shipping.
I guess I have been spoiled by AK mag prices. Back in a day I bought NIW commie mags for $3 a piece, so paying $18 a pop seems like a lot, but maybe not for the caliber.
At least I do not have to stock up on a new ammo caliber.

Thank you, guys! Ordered 5 C-Products mags to get the $10 discount and free shipping.
I guess I have been spoiled by AK mag prices. Back in a day I bought NIW commie mags for $3 a piece, so paying $18 a pop seems like a lot, but maybe not for the caliber.
At least I do not have to stock on a new ammo caliber.
Well unfortunately when you deviate from the 5.56 caliber in the AR platform you pay a penalty. It's just one of those things they can get away with. I mean what are we going to do. I have more 6.8's than 5.56's so I am right there with you bro.

Where do you file on them, all the way across or just the ends? I have some that will run FMJ's fine but will hang up on the soft points. I'm not sure if the feed ramps are to sharp or if the mags aren't letting the bullet rise up at the right angle

i296.photobucket.com_albums_mm198_WeberSteve_4cb400b4.jpg
Look at your set up and see if this applies to your situation. If there is a rough transition then it wouldn't hurt to smooth out those edges.

Anyone use them for their AR in 7x62x39? Reviews on the Net seem to be better for C-Products that ASC 7.62x39 mags.
I think that these are the ones that I use exclusively. Never had any issues with them. It sucks that they are on the expensive side, but I think you got a good deal with the coupon.

In my experience, even the C-Products Defense 762x39 mags need work. Out of the box, I had feed issues, and I attributed it to the steel casing hanging on the mag face/front as the round was moving. After a little dremel work, as shown below, I fired 84 flawless rounds this past Saturday from my AR47 pistol (84 because I only load 28 rounds in each mag). Turned around and shot another 3 mags from my AR47 rifle, and zero failures of any kind. The mag on the left is stock/factory, and the one on the right is after adjusting about 1/8" or less off the front lip, for improved travel out of the mag. You can see that the adjustment now allows the round to fully glide over the lip (and may not even touch as it moves), where the original version slides over and heavily contacts the mag lip.

C-Products_Defense_dremel.jpg

Back
Top Bottom