• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

C8 corvette

Pfft that bike is crazy from the factory like 212 out an 18 if I remember.
Can’t wait what they are going to do now that the Hayabusa is gone.

Not at the wheel... they are claiming just over 200 at the crank, so most stock bikes seem to be in the 160's somewhere, give or take a few HP due to differences in dynos... With a pipe and getting rid of the restrictions, most are hitting up in the low to mid 180's at the wheel... I see a couple guys getting up in the 190's, but that isn't typical... there is something with that particular dyno that reads high.

I mentioned Livengood because his dyno seems to read higher than anyone else's around here. Don't get me wrong, he is a top tier tuner and engine builder... but when I see stock R6's with just a slipon and power commander tune getting 125-128hp at the wheel... something is off... Without some engine mods, just tuning to a different air fuel ratio isn't gonna get that motor to put down that kind of power, especially not when all the other tuners are tuning to the same AFR... I can usually tell by the hp figure someone throws out, which local tuner's dyno it came from... haha

Now with his blueprinted and built motors, he does seem to have some voodoo going on and he gets really great results... but just a simple tune, his numbers are usually high and I take them with a grain of salt...

I pretty much use the bike to commute and the weekend cruise. I had a gsxs1000 prior and i do prefer the upright riding position
for comfort. Been thinking about a xdiavel but its either a new bike or a corvette. Lol

Yeah 2017 was the first year of the engine change. Way fast

My wife had the first gen Diavel. Really fun bike. I like the new 1260 model, but I personally don't like the XDiavel... the ergos are too much like a cruiser... the regular model is more like a standard and you can chuck it into a turn much better than you would expect... I would do a track day on one, no problem...

I pretty much use the bike to commute and the weekend cruise. I had a gsxs1000 prior and i do prefer the upright riding position
for comfort. Been thinking about a xdiavel but its either a new bike or a corvette. Lol

Yeah 2017 was the first year of the engine change. Way fast

You really should put that thing on the track, just once... I am doing Road Atlanta on May 4, a Saturday... The group is P.R.E. and there might be some slots available...

My wife had the first gen Diavel. Really fun bike. I like the new 1260 model, but I personally don't like the XDiavel... the ergos are too much like a cruiser... the regular model is more like a standard and you can chuck it into a turn much better than you would expect... I would do a track day on one, no problem...
I had a first gen carbon model. It was a awesome bike. I shouldn't of gotten the carbon model though. To worried about the body work yellowing in the sun.

I havent seen a xdiavel, but i like the comfort of cruiser so the xdiavel intrigues me.

You really should put that thing on the track, just once... I am doing Road Atlanta on May 4, a Saturday... The group is P.R.E. and there might be some slots available...
Id love to but dont have the time. Would also have to buy track gear instead of my street gear. Plus my suspension is all fubar, havent found a place to do it down in columbus. Needs professional attention.

I had a first gen carbon model. It was a awesome bike. I shouldn't of gotten the carbon model though. To worried about the body work yellowing in the sun.

I havent seen a xdiavel, but i like the comfort of cruiser so the xdiavel intrigues me.

Sit on both... I always found the Diavel really comfortable, but you could ride it aggressively in the twisties and get a pretty decent lean angle going... I don't know that I would be that confident with the XDiavel and my feet out in front like that...

Id love to but dont have the time. Would also have to buy track gear instead of my street gear. Plus my suspension is all fubar, havent found a place to do it down in columbus. Needs professional attention.

Yeah, I only do like 1 or 2 track days a year, I just dabble in it... but I invested in some gear a few years ago and it holds up due to my only wearing it a couple times a year. Finally just replaced the boots after 10 years. haha

I had Huey from Marietta Motorsports set up my suspension, as he has done most of my bikes over the years. He knows his stuff.

Yeah, I only do like 1 or 2 track days a year, I just dabble in it... but I invested in some gear a few years ago and it holds up due to my only wearing it a couple times a year. Finally just replaced the boots after 10 years. haha

I had Huey from Marietta Motorsports set up my suspension, as he has done most of my bikes over the years. He knows his stuff.
They over by life university?

Talk about thread derailed

But it come factory with a 2.5 doesn’t it?

2.8 V6

The aluminum block Cadillac 4.9 V8 bolts right in

Weighs less and has twice the power

The Oldsmobile quad four is a good bolt in swap and the supercharged 3.8 from a Buick park avenue is a nice swap too

There’s a reason GM never allowed those engines to be used in the fiero
They didn’t want it to outperform the corvette

Back
Top Bottom