• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

C8 corvette

Oh I understand now. You want a car with too much power you can’t stick to the ground.
Hell the C7 I drove IN THE RAIN stuck and took off faster than anything (non race car/bike) I’d driven. I was very impressed, and I’m hard to impress. Been in and on a few fast vehicles... LOL

Bought a brand new 2007 corvette in october 2006. Red and a manual trans.
Honestly, I loved the car but it was a royal PAIN IN THE BUTT to drive around metro.
1. Manual trans and the clutch effort was a little on the stiff side
2. Everyone, I mean EVERYONE wanted to race. From Civics to Dually's towing trailers. Ridiculous.

Ended up selling the car after 1.5 years. :(

I'd definitely consider this C8 vette, but will ABSOLUTELY BE AUTOMATIC. I'll never do another manual transmission again, unless it is strictly for a track. And honestly, regardless of what you may think, these latest automatics are FASTER and MORE CONSISTENT for 99.8% of the drivers out there.

They might be faster and more consistent but they are always in the wrong gear
I absolutely The auto in my 2016 Chevy pickup
As soon as you move it immediately shift to second then shifts up so quickly that it’s in 5th when you’re doing 45
My neighborhood is hilly and it shifts to 5th or 6th and stays there even when I’m going up a hill doing 35 or 40 with the gas pedal masked 3/4 of the way to the floor
It will not downshift unless you slam the gas pedal down hard to the floor
Then it won’t drop to an appropriate gear , it jams into second and jerks your head back
It’s like GM is staffed with nothing but idiots
The C4 automatic in my 65 Falcon with no computers and only a vacuum line and a mechanical kickdown linkage is smarter at picking which gear to use than a 2016 vehicle with a zillion computers

If you get off the interstate the only way to drive this moron designed vehicle is to use the manual shift selector , which was also designed by morons
In my tundra selecting the manual shift mode dropped it to fourth gear and then let you pick the gear you wanted below that
The Chevy , when you hit the manual selector position it drops to a gear below whatever you’re in , If I want it to stay in fourth it won’t do that
It drops to third and then I have to use the manual button to go back to fourth

They might be faster and more consistent but they are always in the wrong gear
I absolutely The auto in my 2016 Chevy pickup
As soon as you move it immediately shift to second then shifts up so quickly that it’s in 5th when you’re doing 45
My neighborhood is hilly and it shifts to 5th or 6th and stays there even when I’m going up a hill doing 35 or 40 with the gas pedal masked 3/4 of the way to the floor
It will not downshift unless you slam the gas pedal down hard to the floor
Then it won’t drop to an appropriate gear , it jams into second and jerks your head back
It’s like GM is staffed with nothing but idiots
The C4 automatic in my 65 Falcon with no computers and only a vacuum line and a mechanical kickdown linkage is smarter at picking which gear to use than a 2016 vehicle with a zillion computers

If you get off the interstate the only way to drive this moron designed vehicle is to use the manual shift selector , which was also designed by morons
In my tundra selecting the manual shift mode dropped it to fourth gear and then let you pick the gear you wanted below that
The Chevy , when you hit the manual selector position it drops to a gear below whatever you’re in , If I want it to stay in fourth it won’t do that
It drops to third and then I have to use the manual button to go back to fourth

Wellllllllllllllllllllllllllll...................
They are made for economy. Blame the liberals and EPA. It isn't a sports car my friend. :)
The Chevy is known for its DEAD PEDAL too. Give more throttle and it does NOTHING.
Here's what I did on my Tahoe. I had a live "in person" computer tune. The tech plugged his laptop into my OBD2 port. We drove around for awhile. He had me do a few wide open throttle runs. Made his adjustments. It is 90% better now. I stab the throttle 1/2 way and it downshifts, don't need to floor it. Also the shifting is much more crisper. Well worth the $250 or so bucks he charged. Drives like a totally different truck!

There should be a tow/haul feature on that pickup. I'd push the button when you are in hilly terrain and it will hold the gears longer and make the shifts more firm. Up to you.

Wellllllllllllllllllllllllllll...................
They are made for economy. Blame the liberals and EPA. It isn't a sports car my friend. :)
The Chevy is known for its DEAD PEDAL too. Give more throttle and it does NOTHING.
Here's what I did on my Tahoe. I had a live "in person" computer tune. The tech plugged his laptop into my OBD2 port. We drove around for awhile. He had me do a few wide open throttle runs. Made his adjustments. It is 90% better now. I stab the throttle 1/2 way and it downshifts, don't need to floor it. Also the shifting is much more crisper. Well worth the $250 or so bucks he charged. Drives like a totally different truck!

There should be a tow/haul feature on that pickup. I'd push the button when you are in hilly terrain and it will hold the gears longer and make the shifts more firm. Up to you.

Is that live tuner guy around Atlanta?

Not being a sports car isn’t an excuse

When you’re hauling a bobcat or mini ex or just pulling out into a busy road it would be nice to have full power when you want it

The tow mode helps until you stop on the brake and then it starts slam banging downshifts
Lexus had rev matching downshifts 15 years ago , but I guess adding two more lines of code on the computer was a bridge too far for General Motors

And sometimes it can’t decide what gear it wants and will rev up and bang into gear
Especially if you slow down for potholes or to turn at an intersection and then step on the gas , the pedal is totally dead unless you floor it and then it slams back to second gear

I really really miss the 2012 tundra they had me driving before .
The trans was normal and when you mashed the gas that baby’s would move

At the end of the day , The C8 corvette is still manufactured by the most incompetent company on the planet
If they can’t make a auto trans work right in a basic work truck , why do you think they can make one for a sports car ?

The article I saw about the development of it , they used a Vw / Porsche transmission in the test mules

There’s also been lots of problems with the cylinder deactivation thing
Guess they brought back the old Cadillac V8-6-4 crap again
I run in manual shift mode or tow mode to keep the cylinder deactivation thing from kicking in

Is that live tuner guy around Atlanta?
Negative. They are based out of SoCal, but they do travel around the US and stopped in ATL, that's when I had them do mine. Google BLACKBEAR tuning. I have heard good things from Vengenance out of Cumming I believe.

There’s also been lots of problems with the cylinder deactivation thing
Guess they brought back the old Cadillac V8-6-4 crap again
I run in manual shift mode or tow mode to keep the cylinder deactivation thing from kicking in

Oh.....and a custom tuner can ELIMINATE the cylinder deactivation if you want.
I had them remove the speed limiter (factory 99mph), not that i'd ever go faster, but just in case something unique happened and I needed more speed.

2020-chevrolet-corvette-c8-118-1563510647.jpg

Back
Top Bottom