• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

C8 corvette

First production run will be problematic
GM has been threatening a midi forever and a day, you’d like to think they’d have the bugs worked out before it hits the dealers. That being said.... the 68 model shark had problems, the 84’s were horrible, even after missing the 83 model to get it right. $80k plus is a lot of money if they don’t get it right. I’m sure it’ll perform/ look the part of a”world class sports car” if they do get their ducks in a row. But how on earth can you call it a sports car if you can’t open the hood (backwards) or get it with 3 pedals in the floor board?

GM is notorious for advertising cars and prototypes which are never built. Just like the Cadillac 16 that was scheduled to be produced but never was due to economics in mid 2000.IMHO GM would make a killing if they still had there tools and dies to produce the older cars with 21st century technology. Just imagine 55,56,57 Chevy with supercharged lsx or the old Camaro, Nova & Chevelles with turbo small blocks from factory. **** those cars would sale like fire!

GM is notorious for advertising cars and prototypes which are never built. Just like the Cadillac 16 that was scheduled to be produced but never was due to economics in mid 2000.IMHO GM would make a killing if they still had there tools and dies to produce the older cars with 21st century technology. Just imagine 55,56,57 Chevy with supercharged lsx or the old Camaro, Nova & Chevelles with turbo small blocks from factory. **** those cars would sale like fire!
Couldn’t agree more. The 2nd gen Camaro/Firebirds were in just about everyone’s driveways. They hit paydirt with the retro Camaro but they have “ improved it”to the point that the latest ones look like the late 80’s through the end of the run. The next gen Silverado/Sierra (to me) ain’t too looksome to me. History repeats itself, maybe we’ll get to bail them out again!

GM would never had got into the financially trouble until they bailed out Delphi from filing bankruptcy and taking on and hiring there employees.But when they are your main parts supplier you kinda in a pickle

Problem with manuals is that the new autos are outperforming them. I love manuals but on modern high performance cars I'm not as concerned about them as long as the autoshifter keeps it locked in the gear i tell it to.

Problem with manuals is that the new autos are outperforming them. I love manuals but on modern high performance cars I'm not as concerned about them as long as the autoshifter keeps it locked in the gear i tell it to.
Thats too true. I want the manual experience for my driving pleasure. I have an auto for my daily as they are easier for the daily grind but thats not what i want for a street cruiser.

Sure an auto would be better for racing too, but thats not my intended purpose. Its not long before the manual dies as the amount of people that can drive them or want to drive them continues to dwindle.

Thats too true. I want the manual experience for my driving pleasure. I have an auto for my daily as they are easier for the daily grind but thats not what i want for a street cruiser.

Sure an auto would be better for racing too, but thats not my intended purpose. Its not long before the manual dies as the amount of people that can drive them or want to drive them continues to dwindle.
totally agree, the constant side task of shifting on bikes or cars seems to help keep you in the moment and not thinking about other things.

totally agree, the constant side task of shifting on bikes or cars seems to help keep you in the moment and not thinking about other things.
Agreed, and thats why i like driving bikes and sports cars. Autos are for getting places, manuals to enjoy the ride.

Lot of 18 wheelers are going automatic because the new generation of drivers aren’t capable of driving a 13 speed unsyncronized manual transmission

Just like 25 years ago they switched all the school busses to automatics so they could hire women drivers

Back
Top Bottom