• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Cabela's "firearms experts" ......REALLY!?!....

I had the "Manager" at the cabelas ammo counter tell me that there was "no such round" as 7.62x38R (7.62 nagant for the nagant revolvers). He argued with me for about 5 min after which i went and found every box they had, placed it on the counter, and then asked him to read me the headstamps (a mix of saying 7.62x38R/nagant/etc)

After being a real smartass to the guy about it (which I regret) I complained to CS and told them that I would not be back

Sent from my LG-K373 using Tapatalk

I had the "Manager" at the cabelas ammo counter tell me that there was "no such round" as 7.62x38R (7.62 nagant for the nagant revolvers). He argued with me for about 5 min after which i went and found every box they had, placed it on the counter, and then asked him to read me the headstamps (a mix of saying 7.62x38R/nagant/etc)

After being a real smartass to the guy about it (which I regret) I complained to CS and told them that I would not be back

Sent from my LG-K373 using Tapatalk
It just goes to show that "managers" and "experts" should tone it down.....They set themselves up for failure when they act like a know it all about firearms and ammunition. There are thousands of cartridges and even more guns. I realize that may sound a little hypocritical of me by saying that, but 2 experts not knowing about the S&W Texas Ranger or Nickel Pythons is pretty sad. I definitely wouldn't expect the younger guys at the big counter to know. They should all listen and learn, that's what I do. I'm almost 40 years old, I have a pretty vast knowledge of guns and ammo, but there's NO WAY I could ever be an expert......toooo much data.

Be glad they are just salespeople! There is a gunsmith out here that jacked up a semi-auto so badly that the frame had to be replaced.

Talk about an idiot!

There are lots of "experts" out there at stores other than Cabela's. I went to a FFL that received a Smith that I had shipped. I was asked the model number of the Smith I was to pick up. I told them M58. The genius behind the counter told me S&W never made a M58. He then preceded to tell me that if I did not know the model number, he could not allow me to receive the Smith. Yeah, he was surprised, and embarrassed when I showed him the MOD number on the Smith. I asked for another employee to check me out of the store.

I was at Gander mtn and a local gun range a few months back asking for some .41 magnum ammo (for a model 57) i was planning on shooting... both places told me no such thing as .41 magnum... just .44 magnum.
I bought some .41 ammo online for cheaper than in store prices and without the headache of "gun experts"

Wait a second, you mean to tell me that someone who gets paid a step over minimum wage isn't an expert?

Some of you guys are dicks.

Some of the stuff that comes out of their, and really any gun salesperson, floors me, but it would truly be difficult to know everything about all styles and models of guns. But to run around a store strictly to prove a point on a little known round is just strait douchebagery.

Back
Top Bottom