• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Cabela's "firearms experts" ......REALLY!?!....

First off, i hope none of these guys are your buddies...nothing personal, just letting everyone know what kind of "experts" they may be dealing with at some point....

I was on my way back home from doing a couple of deals today and I stopped in the Cabelas in Acworth for a minute to look around. As I was browsing through the gun library and there were 2 "firearms experts " sitting in the office. One of them spoke up and asked if I needed help. I told him I was just browsing. I noticed they had a 6" blued python in the case used for around $4K, so I asked them, without seeing it, could they give me a ballpark value on a 6" Nickel Python I have that's been fired a little with no box. They told me they couldn't tell me without seeing it, and it depends on what type of wood grips it has?!....here's the kicker....then they tell me someone had probably had it "chromed" because Colt ONLY produced blued Pythons, NOT "CHROMED" ONES...F'n' REALLY!?!

After that outlandish claim I asked them what the going price is on a NIB unfired Smith and Wesson Texas Ranger commemorative 19-3 with bowie knife with matching serials.....They looked at each other, then looked at me like I have just spoken to them in Russian or something. ...neither one of them had ever heard of a S&W Texas Ranger!!!

It was all I could do to keep from laughing in the "experts' " faces.

In closing, don't take your bubba-fied "chrome" plated pythons to Cabela's. ...they'll probably tell you it's only worth about tree-fidy!

That's why I ask ODT guy's who know there S & W's Guns about Price and rareity of a Item. You, have some guys out there, who dont know anything about guns but will Quote you prices all Day!!!

Saw this thread, had to jump in. Cabelas at Acworth had a restamped Yugoslavian 98k on their rack a while back...they wanted $980 for it. I about fell on the floor laughing.

I'm an idiot when it comes to firearms knowledge but I know that and yet have met very few sales people that know much more than me. When I ask for some of those metal thingys that go in the Gun they just don't understand

Back
Top Bottom