• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Cajun Gun Works - performance parts for CZ pistols

Cobalt 60

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
119   0
Reaction score
I recently bought a CZ SP-01 for USPSA use and decided to do a little fiddling with it (might actually shoot a match with it in 2015 :lol:). I ordered the Cajun Gun works SRS-1, Type 2 disconnector, reduced power trigger spring, and floating trigger pin. I elected to do the install myself, as I am a self loathing idiot who enjoys torture. Actually, it was a lot of fun to install, if you like lots of tiny parts and springs, as well as tedium and repeatedly performing the same task until you get it right. I highly recommend the installation kit for decocker guns if you are doing a decocker. The parts are very high quality, as you would expect.

Those parts installed took the gun from excellent to fantastic. single action pull was greatly improved and reset is very short. I did not do anything to shorten the pull on DA, because to do so requires use of a trigger that is not legal for Production class. DA pull is MUCH lighter now.

After installation, I put several hundred rounds through the gun before I had a problem. To be clear, this is a Cobalt 60 issue, not a CGW issue. The gun locked up - hammer would only go to half cock and the action locked up completely until the trigger bar was depressed to clear the disconnector and the trigger pulled fully back and the released, allowing the hammer to drop from half cock. I e-mailed CGW, and David suggested a simple fix to try first. When that did not work, he suggested that a hammer pin had backed out, and that it was probably the pin holding the disconnector to the hammer. Upon disassembly, that was exactly the issue. He had suggested staking the pin in the hammer or loctiting. I opted for the former, and am now back up and running. Had I sent the gun to them, they would have done this step. So, fair warning - if you do this yourself, be prepared to stake that damn pin in!

When I contacted David, I asked if I should just send it in. He told me he would walk me through a few fixes to try first, and he did so in a very short period of time. He was patient and very friendly. He could have just told me to send it in, but he took his time to help me out with parts that are not simple drop-in parts, and with no further payment.

Again - this install is not for the feint of heart. Inside of a CZ sear cage there are many, many small parts, and one tiny spring that really, really likes to take off across the room. Without a slave pin to assemble everything in the cage, you will almost certainly never get it back together. That being said, I really enjoyed it. And it made one hell of a difference.

Bottom line is that if you want to greatly improve your CZ, Cajun Gun Works will do you and your gun right. http://cajungunworks.com/index.html

The Cajun guys are top notch and have really done their homework in bringing these products to market. As you well know, I installed one of their kits in my gun, so I know the challenge you speak of. The kit you chose was certainly more involved, and I'm glad to hear that you got a solid result.

Last edited:
The Cajun guys are top notch and have really done their homework in bringing these products to market. As you well know I installed one of their kits in my gun so I know the challange you speak of. The kit you chose was certainly more involved, and I'm glad to hear that you got a solid result.

Still kicking myself for letting go of the Canik!!

David clearly is a savant of CZ's. No doubt.

Back
Top Bottom