• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Cajun Tators

NewLeaf

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
Glad2bHere
30   0
Reaction score
1) 6-8 peeled tators chopped big 2) an onion 3) a bell pepper 4) Parsley 5) Ragin Cajun andoille sausage 6) a cup of chablis or any white wine 7) 3 strips of bacon 8) a handful of garlic 9) splash of worstershire 10) splash of hot sauce . //// Fry bacon and save for sprinkling . Throw everything but the wine , parsley , hot sauce , and worstershire in the bacon grease and cook on medium until onions are soft. Dump the rest in , stir a minute add a few cups of water and put a lid on it . Turn down on low heat and let it simmer about 45mins .You can let it cook med/low heat without lid on if you don't want it real soft. And if you use the original Ragin Cajun sausage instead of medium/hot you might want to skip the hot sauce? Our Family loves this stuff....Thanks and RIP Justin Wilson

IMG_1006.JPG
Got it simmering. It's even better the next day.

That would be bad. Red bell pepper and celery might would work? Yea...I don't know what I'd do without onion in my life?

Her parents didn't make her eat vegetables when she was growing up so she never acquired a taste for them whereas my mom always had a garden and fresh vegs on the table for dinner each night

Back
Top Bottom