• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Calibers Ranked

so a BB from my BB gun directly over the heart should end the threat. Maybe the eye but thats a pretty hard target for most people

There was a teenage kid in Calf. that killed his buddy with an air rifle within the last couple of years.

So I guess it depends upon the power of the BB gun.

There was a teenage kid in Calf. that killed his buddy with an air rifle within the last couple of years.

So I guess it depends upon the power of the BB gun.

A rock can be lethal. Im sure 25 acp has killed a few people. a pellet gun can shoot 1200+ fps not including the ones running off of scuba tanks.

However, im not willing to carry a slingshot around for personal defense. Im not saying that any of the calibers are magic. However there is almost always a good, better, best option for anything depending on the need.

A rock can be lethal. Im sure 25 acp has killed a few people. a pellet gun can shoot 1200+ fps not including the ones running off of scuba tanks.

However, im not willing to carry a slingshot around for personal defense. Im not daying that any of the calibers are magic. However there is almost always a good, better, best option for anything depending on the need.

You can't kill what you can't hit. Aim small, miss small. Accuracy is the key to stopping a threat permanently.

You can't kill what you can't hit. Aim small, miss small. Accuracy is the key to stopping a threat permanently.

Agreed. But if you can hit with a 44 mag why not use a 44 mag. Limiting a caliber because one or more people cant use it doesnt justify anything for the ones that can use it. Simply put if you shoot a 410 better than a 12 gauge youll hit more birds. That doesnt mean a 410 is more effective because it isnt. Its just more effect for you. A 12 in capable hands will out shoot you because of range, pattern and pellet count. I bet theres not many 410s running effectively against 12s in skeet competitions.

Agreed. But if you can hit with a 44 mag why not use a 44 mag. Limiting a caliber because one or more people cant use it doesnt justify anything for the ones that can use it. Simply put if you shoot a 410 better than a 12 gauge youll hit more birds. That doesnt mean a 410 is more effective because it isnt. Its just more effect for you. A 12 in capable hands will out shoot you because of range, pattern and pellet count. I bet theres not many 410s running effectively against 12s in skeet competitions.

With those calibers mentioned, I was assuming you were referring to a CC weapon. You have to be a fairly god size fellow to hide a 44 mag.
The recoil alone would put some time between the initial shot and any follow up shots.

On the one hand we have an orange, on the other we have an apple. I'm going to let you have it, it appears that you can have a debate all by yourself.

You see very few 120 lb females CCing anything in 10mm. Nothing is effective if at home in the safe, no matter how well you shoot it.

I see very few 250 pound guys carrying .22 Berettas but im sure it happens. Just because you can or cant do something doesnt change the real effectiveness it only changes if you can or cant use it effectively for you.

Back
Top Bottom