• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

CALLING ALL KAYAKERS WHO PADDLE THE ETOWAH

troutman

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
53   0
Reaction score
CRBI's Rivers Alive Etowah River Clean Sweep is set for Saturday, Sept. 17, from 8-Noon/1 p.m.
My son and I are responsible for the section from Douthit Ferry to Floyd's landing.

I encourage anyone that enjoys this beautiful river to please come out and help clean up that day. Anyone interested can pm me for info.
Either CRBI or I will provide trash bags. I will have my canoe as a trash boat. If you don't have a boat, I have 2 small 8' kayaks that I can let someone use.
Please help restore this beautiful river.

Thank you,
Shayne

I know a lot of you enjoy the Etowah River, so why not help clean it up. It's only a few hours on a Saturday morning.

Thanks DD and 10th. I've been enjoying the Etowah for about 40yrs now. My dad and I would float it from Cartersville to Rome and camp out. Those were some of my best memories of my Pop. I am now trying to make those same memories with my boys. Back then we would float for 2 days and not see another person. It's a little different these days. These people that float it without any respect and throw there trash into it really piss me off. If my dad were alive I feel certain he would be very disappointed with all the litter.

Way to go and thanks!

The wife and I don't leave the truck for a walk in the woods without a heavy duty black trash bag in a day pack nowadays.
Lazy bums can carry something in full and are too weak to carry the remnants out empty. SMH
More trash than ever and the job is never done ......

Back
Top Bottom