• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

-Calling All LEO- Question: Got a Super Speeder today

Yeah, that “dumb ass” might have been smart enough to know that was not the place to speed...
I'd been stuck behind him for a few miles, there was a line of cars behind me, at least DO THE SPEED LIMIT and you'll hear no complaints from me...10 under in the fast lane, GTFO

Very true, does GSP respond to calls? Not being facetious, honestly don't know on that one
Yes, they do. And have to show up at accidents, usually have about two wrecks waiting at anyone time. They are not “supposed” to speed without light and sirens, but they get more complaints if the take too long to get somewhere. And drive a few miles and hour over with lights on and they are accused of using lights to “just get though traffic”
Notice these all are complaints members have complained about right here on the ODT.
Most Departments have some ”ride along” programs. It would be eye opening for many of these “the police are picking on me” folks.

And answering the “victimless crime” aspect.
Why should we have to wait until someone loses property, time off work, body injury or even death, before people are slowed down?

a8ed2bd40beb444571f8421e1e83adf4.jpg

Funny thing is, I don't even drive that fast. Typically do round 70 on 515 and GSP fly by me definitely doing 15-20 mph over limit, not in pursuit. So it's the rules for thee but not for me mentality. Gotta love it
A lot of times they are going to a call and if it’s not a fatality they will not run lights or sirens. Some folks don’t know these things, they only assume.

Yes, they do. And have to show up at accidents, usually have about two wrecks waiting at anyone time. They are not “supposed” to speed without light and sirens, but they get more complaints if the take too long to get somewhere. And drive a few miles and hour over with lights on and they are accused of using lights to “just get though traffic”
Notice these all are complaints members have complained about right here on the ODT.
Most Departments have some ”ride along” programs. It would be eye opening for many of these “the police are picking on me” folks.
Yes I have.

Back
Top Bottom