• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

-Calling All LEO- Question: Got a Super Speeder today

That is some real dumb advice. YouTube much?
Which part is dumb ?

The part about not pleading guilty and mailing in the full fine without even attempting a reduction or dismissal?
The city of forest park was writing radar tickets for years on a stretch of road that they didn’t have permission from the state to use radar on , so was Cobb county .
That’s not gonna be applicable to an interstate , but the first thing an attorney is gonna do is verify that the department was allowed to write tickets on the highway in question , and that the officer can produce his training and certification documents , and the department can produce their training and certification documents for the radar he was using .

Last ticket I got for an accident , the court date on the ticket was just a chance to plead guilty ,

Ifyou wanted to actually try your case in front of a judge , you had to come back several weeks later
I showed up with my dash cam footage all ready to get in front of the judge and I didn’t even have to show it , they dismissed my case as soon as I stepped up .

And the judge got super angry when another person asked for the case to be moved to state court . The judge was super nice to everyone before and after this guy , but the judge just got super angry when they asked for their case to be moved to state court .
You wouldn’t think they’d get that mad over a few hundred dollars walking out the back door , but they were bonkers mad about it

And unless it’s changed , you can ask to have your case moved to state court .
That way the prosecutor , the judge , and the cop , don’t all for for the same money hungry town.

And the cop can’t predict when the court date will be since the state sets the calendar, the cop will be notified of the court date , but can’t predict it , like they do with their own little kangaroo courts , remember the city of Pine Lake in Dekalb?
They got really angry when people started moving their cases to state court , they got so mad about the lost revenue that they arrested the guy that stood outside theiir courthouse educating motorists coming in to the courthouse that they could have their case moved to state court so the city of pine lake wouldn’t get the money

The cops won’t do anything about the street racing or the street takeovers or the riots . But they got all day to sit and run radar .
The city of Atlanta convinced the state that they couldn’t afford to work accidents on the interstates inside their city limits . Yet they have plenty of time to sit and run radar all day on I-75

Weird , huh ?

Or is the advice to get a lawyer something you think is dumb advice ?

A super speeder is a serious crime ,
And traffic tickets in Georgia are entitled to a jury trial .

Hiring a lawyer to negotiate a lower charge or a suspended sentence is. It dumb at all .

The Ticket Clinic gets reductions to no points and lower fines or dismissals all the time . Almost 100% of the time you hire a ticket clinic lawyer , your ticket gets reduced to a non moving violation with no points .
Because the judge and prosecutor are terrified that the ticket clinic lawyer will actually show up in court and start asking questions and asking for training documents and certifications documents , which the cops won’t have or can’t produce , and the ticket clinic lawyer will make one speeding ticket take 50 to 80 minutes of the court time , when the judge and prosecutor is counting on it taking about 3 minutes tops .

That’s how the ticket clinic gets the plea deals and reductions , by making the prosecutor spend 45
Minutes or an hour actually having to prosecute the case , instead of just grabbing $300 from the motorists every 5 minutes .

They show up in court and start asking for the officers training and certifications documents and the prosecutor and judge usually can’t wait to reduce the ticket before the courtroom packed full of people with speeding tickets start taking notes .

The lady that got the $1200 ticket from Grantville police for not having the sticker on her license plate , she had it in the car just hadn’t stuck it on the tag , magically got dismissed when she hired a lawyer and contacted WSB news.

If you want to avoid points and moving violations , and the prosecutor won’t reduce it before you show up for court , hiring a lawyer is the only way to deal with it .

The prosecutor will SAY they will work with you when you show up , but if they don’t , then you just have to ask the judge for a reset date so you can hire a lawyer .

The thing you gotta understand is traffic tickets are it’s all about ego and revenue

In the side of the road it’s ego .
If you dare question anything , you’re gonna get taught a lesson .

The officer also has to produce a certain amount of “contacts “ every week or month and they gotta show some activity and gotta bring in some revenue .
And in the courts , it’s all about the money , they really don’t care if you get points or not , but they are damn sure getting some of your money .

On the side of the road you want to be polite and as un remembered as possible
Don’t argue that you weren’t speeding , their ego won’t tolerate that , just Politely Ask for a reduction before they walk back to their car and start writing the ticket .

The goal is when you show up in court , you want the officer to have to look back at the notebook he will claim he doesn’t keep , to refresh his memory of that particular traffic stop .

And usually if the officer reduces it , they will have some kind of code to use on the ticket so the clerk and prosecutor can tell it was reduced on the side of the road , so it won’t get reduced again by the clerk .

Running the WAZE app helps as aboit 80% of the speed cops will be on it .

Running a good quality radar detector helps , the normal radar which a lot of cops still use will get picked up along ways off , and a lot of times the radar detector will get a sniff of the laser when it bounces off the car in front of you . If there is a car in front of you that gets shot with the laser .

A good detector is about $500

If it save you from ONE ticket , it’s paid for itself .

I don’t even use a detector
I set the cruise and turn on a podcast and relax . The money hungry revenue collection officers ain’t getting a dime from me .

But I know how it works .
If you have on the right clothes , you can get stopped for speeding twice a day and never get a ticket , the cop will apologize for stopping you for doing 82 in a 55 if you’re wearing the right uniform.
Cause I’ve been there . When I worked for DNR . I’d get stopped and most of the time the cops that stopped me wouldn’t even ask for my DL, they’d see the uniform and apologize for stopping me .

Which part is dumb ?

The part about not pleading guilty and mailing in the full fine without even attempting a reduction or dismissal?
The city of forest park was writing radar tickets for years on a stretch of road that they didn’t have permission from the state to use radar on , so was Cobb county .
That’s not gonna be applicable to an interstate , but the first thing an attorney is gonna do is verify that the department was allowed to write tickets on the highway in question , and that the officer can produce his training and certification documents , and the department can produce their training and certification documents for the radar he was using .

Last ticket I got for an accident , the court date on the ticket was just a chance to plead guilty ,

Ifyou wanted to actually try your case in front of a judge , you had to come back several weeks later
I showed up with my dash cam footage all ready to get in front of the judge and I didn’t even have to show it , they dismissed my case as soon as I stepped up .

And the judge got super angry when another person asked for the case to be moved to state court . The judge was super nice to everyone before and after this guy , but the judge just got super angry when they asked for their case to be moved to state court .
You wouldn’t think they’d get that mad over a few hundred dollars walking out the back door , but they were bonkers mad about it

And unless it’s changed , you can ask to have your case moved to state court .
That way the prosecutor , the judge , and the cop , don’t all for for the same money hungry town.

And the cop can’t predict when the court date will be since the state sets the calendar, the cop will be notified of the court date , but can’t predict it , like they do with their own little kangaroo courts , remember the city of Pine Lake in Dekalb?
They got really angry when people started moving their cases to state court , they got so mad about the lost revenue that they arrested the guy that stood outside theiir courthouse educating motorists coming in to the courthouse that they could have their case moved to state court so the city of pine lake wouldn’t get the money

The cops won’t do anything about the street racing or the street takeovers or the riots . But they got all day to sit and run radar .
The city of Atlanta convinced the state that they couldn’t afford to work accidents on the interstates inside their city limits . Yet they have plenty of time to sit and run radar all day on I-75

Weird , huh ?

Or is the advice to get a lawyer something you think is dumb advice ?

A super speeder is a serious crime ,
And traffic tickets in Georgia are entitled to a jury trial .

Hiring a lawyer to negotiate a lower charge or a suspended sentence is. It dumb at all .

The Ticket Clinic gets reductions to no points and lower fines or dismissals all the time . Almost 100% of the time you hire a ticket clinic lawyer , your ticket gets reduced to a non moving violation with no points .
Because the judge and prosecutor are terrified that the ticket clinic lawyer will actually show up in court and start asking questions and asking for training documents and certifications documents , which the cops won’t have or can’t produce , and the ticket clinic lawyer will make one speeding ticket take 50 to 80 minutes of the court time , when the judge and prosecutor is counting on it taking about 3 minutes tops .

That’s how the ticket clinic gets the plea deals and reductions , by making the prosecutor spend 45
Minutes or an hour actually having to prosecute the case , instead of just grabbing $300 from the motorists every 5 minutes .

They show up in court and start asking for the officers training and certifications documents and the prosecutor and judge usually can’t wait to reduce the ticket before the courtroom packed full of people with speeding tickets start taking notes .

The lady that got the $1200 ticket from Grantville police for not having the sticker on her license plate , she had it in the car just hadn’t stuck it on the tag , magically got dismissed when she hired a lawyer and contacted WSB news.

If you want to avoid points and moving violations , and the prosecutor won’t reduce it before you show up for court , hiring a lawyer is the only way to deal with it .

The prosecutor will SAY they will work with you when you show up , but if they don’t , then you just have to ask the judge for a reset date so you can hire a lawyer .

The thing you gotta understand is traffic tickets are it’s all about ego and revenue

In the side of the road it’s ego .
If you dare question anything , you’re gonna get taught a lesson .

The officer also has to produce a certain amount of “contacts “ every week or month and they gotta show some activity and gotta bring in some revenue .
And in the courts , it’s all about the money , they really don’t care if you get points or not , but they are damn sure getting some of your money .

On the side of the road you want to be polite and as un remembered as possible
Don’t argue that you weren’t speeding , their ego won’t tolerate that , just Politely Ask for a reduction before they walk back to their car and start writing the ticket .

The goal is when you show up in court , you want the officer to have to look back at the notebook he will claim he doesn’t keep , to refresh his memory of that particular traffic stop .

And usually if the officer reduces it , they will have some kind of code to use on the ticket so the clerk and prosecutor can tell it was reduced on the side of the road , so it won’t get reduced again by the clerk .

Running the WAZE app helps as aboit 80% of the speed cops will be on it .

Running a good quality radar detector helps , the normal radar which a lot of cops still use will get picked up along ways off , and a lot of times the radar detector will get a sniff of the laser when it bounces off the car in front of you . If there is a car in front of you that gets shot with the laser .

A good detector is about $500

If it save you from ONE ticket , it’s paid for itself .

I don’t even use a detector
I set the cruise and turn on a podcast and relax . The money hungry revenue collection officers ain’t getting a dime from me .

But I know how it works .
If you have on the right clothes , you can get stopped for speeding twice a day and never get a ticket , the cop will apologize for stopping you for doing 82 in a 55 if you’re wearing the right uniform.
Cause I’ve been there . When I worked for DNR . I’d get stopped and most of the time the cops that stopped me wouldn’t even ask for my DL, they’d see the uniform and apologize for stopping me .
So you think I should maybe call the prosecutors office and try and get it reduced before court? Or probably would be best if I went by their office in person if that was the best course of action

So you think I should maybe call the prosecutors office and try and get it reduced before court? Or probably would be best if I went by their office in person if that was the best course of action
Definitely worth a phone call to ask .

If they won’t reduce it , your next phone call should be to The Ticket Clinic .

If i were in your situation , there is NO way I’d just plead guilty and pay it.
Prosecutors and judges make deals for just about every actual criminal charged with an actual crime , and most of the time they will make a deal for traffic tickets too.

It’s all about the money .
Call and ask about the fine , then say “ that’s no problem I can pay that , but is there a way we can work this out so I don’t get any points ?”

Almost every time the person answering the phone doesn’t have the authority to reduce it , and if they did they won’t without talking to the officer first , to make sure it’s ok with the officer .
If the officer remembers you because
you were rude etc, then sometimes they won’t agree to reduce it .

Definitely worth a phone call to ask .

If they won’t reduce it , your next phone call should be to The Ticket Clinic .

If i were in your situation , there is NO way I’d just plead guilty and pay it.
Prosecutors and judges make deals for just about every actual criminal charged with an actual crime , and most of the time they will make a deal for traffic tickets too.

It’s all about the money .
Call and ask about the fine , then say “ that’s no problem I can pay that , but is there a way we can work this out so I don’t get any points ?”

Almost every time the person answering the phone doesn’t have the authority to reduce it , and if they did they won’t without talking to the officer first , to make sure it’s ok with the officer .
If the officer remembers you because
you were rude etc, then sometimes they won’t agree to reduce it .
do you know if there is one solicitor for each county or is it 1 per city?

do you know if there is one solicitor for each county or is it 1 per city?
That I have no idea .

I’d just call the ticket clinic or some lawyer that specializes in traffic tickets and have them handle it.

A ticker for 20+ over is a major moving violation .
Not as bad as a DUI but it’s the worst ticket you can get and not get taken to jail.

The guy I mentioned in my previous post , got busted for like 115 in a construction zone on his bike .
Got a trip to jail , and
Multiple tickets . Enough tickets that if he had pleaded guilty to all of them the fine would have been a couple grand and enough likes that his license would have been suspended for at least six months.

The lawyer that cost him $350 , got it down to a $275 fine no points at all and a couple days of community service ,
Which he did by washing dishes at our church on Wednesday nights for most of the summer .

I’ve had lawyers get speeding tickets handled as a 12 month suspended sentence ,where I agreed to plead guilty and lay the fine but as long as I didn’t get another ticket in that county for the next 12 months , this ticket disappeared at the end of the 12 months .

Solicitors and prosecutors and judges don’t make these kinds of deals unless you have a lawyer.

You’re gonna pay the total fine, thats a given, just ask for the speed to be reduced. Call, but likely you will be required to show up.
Im not currently LE but I wrote enough tickets, gave the same advice to the decent ones. (Never wrote a ticket under 20mph over) Assholes received no comment except “sign hard as there are several copies”.
Also have about 3,000,000 miles under my belt and have more than my share of tickets when I was young. Same advise kept my license. Most of my tickets never hit NCIC or GCIC, because I called first, and when needed I showed up and asked for the MPH ago be reduced. Only one time did the judge refuse, but that was because the trooper said it was not a commercial vehicle, and had already given me a break…

You’re gonna pay the total fine, thats a given, just ask for the speed to be reduced. Call, but likely you will be required to show up.
Im not currently LE but I wrote enough tickets, gave the same advice to the decent ones. (Never wrote a ticket under 20mph over) Assholes received no comment except “sign hard as there are several copies”.
Also have about 3,000,000 miles under my belt and have more than my share of tickets when I was young. Same advise kept my license. Most of my tickets never hit NCIC or GCIC, because I called first, and when needed I showed up and asked for the MPH ago be reduced. Only one time did the judge refuse, but that was because the trooper said it was not a commercial vehicle, and had already given me a break…
I just don’t want the points on my license. I feel like I don’t need an attorney to do that but everyone online at least on here thinks I should get one

I'll play. Here goes:
I never ever impede traffic and always try to get out of the way....but you are still assholes to me every single day.
I at most ever go 10 over.
I always respect the left lane rule.
However! I sometimes have to turn LEFT! Amazing...I know. Tailgate me please because I'm only doing 7 over!

Ok. So im in the slow lane and the left lane is totally clear and YOU finally change lanes finally 5 feet off my bumper.

Or. I'm on a two lane and get tailgated for miles at 8 over until I FINALLY have to pull over to let you go on by.

Or. I see you coming on HARD and I'm already doing only 9 over so I swing the left turn waaaaay to the right so you can pass me in the normal track. Some get it. Some are ****ing stupid.

Or. I'm behind a semi truck at three car lengths and you still tailgate.

Oh who else. Ah. The guy doing the speed limit who I go to pass finally after respectively following. To BE SURE the are really going to go that slow....only to have them pace me so I can't get back over in my SLOW lane all the while running 10 over.

Or I get behind a slow cluster and slow cars in the left lane and get tailgated because I won't run 90 to get an opening to get in the slow lane when it finally clears out in front of me.

Sometimes I block for the slow guy in the right lane. I'll follow 4 lengths back at 10 under just to keep the assholes at bay for them for as long as they are going my way. Try that some day road ragers! Yes you!

Yep. I call in on people!
The normal good drivers. Because usually I'm stuck behind them. I'll just let the sweet lady on the phone know just how much of a pleasure it is to have that guy on the road with me.
Probably never slowed down to help out a fellow working man have you?
You bitch about the cops but do you praise anyone for their bass to find out about?
No. Most likely not.

Oh I could go on. ****ing assholes can kiss my ass. But guess what?

I never have to be in a hurry ever! AND I am never in a hurry at all! Never.

(I don't buy my own gas or truck payment or insurance or oil changes or tires and i bill for washing my truck)
Don't worry I drive my personal truck when I want to drive it. I fill my personal truck up about 4 times a year whether it needs it or not.

I don't punch a clock and my boss doesn't talk to me because there really isnt a need to. I don't work when it rains. Yes I still get paid. Or I could use the six weeks of PTO. (Not including holidays!)

I win in the end. I have 0 stress driving OR in my life 99% (Refrigerator died christmas before last and i had to take the doors off in the rain) So almost Zero. None ever. Or really during my day, the times i actually am working (If you could even call it that) Or when my day is over.
Which is pretty much about what you would expect it to be by now.

So the more you bitch about muh LEFT lane...the more I REALLY feel sorry for you. I KNOW you really do need to get there quick buddy. Hurry on up now....boss is waitin!

Oh. I almost forgot. We home school and my wife stays home and raises the kids like a woman should.
And I haven't worked over 40 in 6 years.

Wave as ya pass me!
(Or just slow down a bit)
Oh please please send me a response back.

And no. The positions are full at the office I go to once a year at most. We are fully staffed because nobody ever leaves.

Back
Top Bottom