• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

-Calling All LEO- Question: Got a Super Speeder today

If they were righting for three over that was after they already reduced it. Several decades ago Georgia became the hardest state to write tickets in in the nation. Part of that was no city or county can use a speed measuring devise to write a ticket under 10 miles an hour. State Patrol can write for 1 over, but most judges see that as hypocritical and still require the 10 over before they will fine.

OP go to court and ask the judge to reduce the speed. He will almost assuredly do so (just hope no argument with wifey that morning) but will charge the the same initial fine. It’s in the courts interest, as they have to share part of the fine with the state if they keep the speed and points high.

Ive been driving my whole life, and have had numerous tickets. I as I suggested for all but one ticket that I paid through the mail. Even several states away. Guess which one stayed on my record? The other ones never went against my license.
cool, what do you think about me going up to the college park police and trying to persuade the solicitor to reduce my ticket? I'd like to just settle this instead of waiting two months.

Yeah I’m not gunna get a lawyer. It’s not worth the cost. I know my insurance may go up some but it’ll come back down. I’m also gunna go to court and try and get it reduced or at least get the points taken off my record
Actually the whole get a lawyer thing is kind of a scam. If you walk in without one you pay the fines and get dinged on insurance. If you walk in with a lawyer and he represents you (essentially saying what you would have said) they have a scheme in place where you pay your lawyer, you don’t pay (as much) for the ticket, and you don’t get dinged for points on your license, and because the state hasn’t dinged you points your insurance doesn’t go up.

There used to be an advertisement on the radio (I think it was for an app) that promised to do something similar. Guaranteed representation in court and no points or they’d pay your fine.

It’d be worthwhile to make some phone calls to ask a real lawyer who actually knows these things

Actually the whole get a lawyer thing is kind of a scam. If you walk in without one you pay the fines and get dinged on insurance. If you walk in with a lawyer and he represents you (essentially saying what you would have said) they have a scheme in place where you pay your lawyer, you don’t pay (as much) for the ticket, and you don’t get dinged for points on your license, and because the state hasn’t dinged you points your insurance doesn’t go up.

There used to be an advertisement on the radio (I think it was for an app) that promised to do something similar. Guaranteed representation in court and no points or they’d pay your fine.

It’d be worthwhile to make some phone calls to ask a real lawyer who actually knows these things
yeah I unfortunately don't know any lawyers personally

I got a super speeder 94 in a 70 on I-75 down south. The ticket was 476 bucks. I called the court they said to send an email stating my case. They reduced it to 84 in a 70 no super speeder, no points and not on my driving record. I asked how much is the new fee, they said, 476 bucks and I had to let them know if this was fine or come to court. I said, Do you take a check? I paid and everything was like it didn't happen. So, call the court clerk !!!

I got a super speeder 94 in a 70 on I-75 down south. The ticket was 476 bucks. I called the court they said to send an email stating my case. They reduced it to 84 in a 70 no super speeder, no points and not on my driving record. I asked how much is the new fee, they said, 476 bucks and I had to let them know if this was fine or come to court. I said, Do you take a check? I paid and everything was like it didn't happen. So, call the court clerk !!!
Sweet. What did you say to them?

Back
Top Bottom