• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Calling all Sandman S owners...

H heavyd I'm deciding between the Sandman S and L, if you had to choose one to get first... Which would it be?
It will be splitting time between an AR15 300 blk with 8 inch barrel and AR10 in 308 with an 18 inch barrel.

The Sandman L. It’s A LOT quieter, of course. I don’t like short cans because they are so much louder.

I think the Sandman L is overall the best 30 cal can on the market.

H heavyd I'm deciding between the Sandman S and L, if you had to choose one to get first... Which would it be?
It will be splitting time between an AR15 300 blk with 8 inch barrel and AR10 in 308 with an 18 inch barrel.

If you are still torn on which one to get in 2019 when the man says it’s cool for me to get mine... you are more than welcome to come and demo it....

I have two Sandman S's an L and a Ti. Do not get the L. Not enough of a sound difference to justify the extra length and weight.

Sandman s is by far my favorite. I wish it was the only 30 cal can I had ever got. It's size and sound reduction are great and the qd system is by far the best there is in my opinion.

Thanks all for the info. mbeard45 mbeard45 If I haven't pulled the trigger on one by then I may have to take you up on that offer.
I'm thinking I'll purchase from Creekside firing range in Taylorsville as they have an outdoor 100 yd public range, and a 500-1000 yd members only range.

After talking to Todd from Dead Air I went with a Sandman S, as he suggested that they are better for back pressure mitigation. Now the question is ammo. 8" barrel AR pistol.

I roll my own and purchase new when supplies are low. I'm looking for recommendations on both factory new ammo and projectiles for reloading (subs and supers). What have y'all had luck with? Or what do y'all stay away from?

Did my "research" on Dead Air's Sandman S's and L's, and their 22 rimfire Mask. Their QD mount is superb engineering imo. Got my ducks in a row and put together a trust ready to go. Made firm decision to pursue buying both a L and a Mask, and my preference is a face to face retail purchase versus online. Hopefully somewhere north of Atlanta or maybe the Athens area since these are convenient to me without a long out of the way drives.

However, after visits and phone calls to 6-7 gun shops in north GA, no luck in finding either the L or the Mask. Found only one S. Of course not all LGS are dealers, not all are Class 3 dealers, don't have any in stock right now, "we can order one", etc. Disappointing and frustrating that my expectations and anticipation of getting this purchase started isn't happening.

My point here is not a criticism, but a question about Dead Air's marketing and distribution . If they're manufactured here in GA then why is their retail availability so scarce in north GA? I still want one but every day I wait is, we'll y'all know..... a longer wait down the road waiting on the federal gooberment. Yes, I know about doing a transfer and may have to do that but then I'll start price comparing. Uugh!

wdsk wdsk
Find a class 3 dealer in your area with a silencer shop kiosk. They will either charge the same or less than the price on silencer shops website. My sandman-s was about $40 less from my LGS.

edit: Also, as for them having to order one. Did they say how long that would take? It might add just a week to the already dragged out transfer process.

dmason
Yes sir that is a very good option and one I may have to act on quickly. I guess I am just surprised that DA seems to not have a more "on the shelf" presence if they want to be competitive which I'm sure they do! I've seen quite a few SilencerCo's and other brands, but those are not what I want. Plus I like the idea of supporting a GA manufacturer. I actually got a price quote on the L which was very attractive as compared to S.Shop, but they are currently out of stock and do not know when they will receive more. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom