• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Calling all Tech guys, I just had something really weird happen.

Bear44

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
213   0
Reaction score
As I am sitting at my desk with my Android on a wireless charger on a table next to me, I heard a quiet beep. I figured it was coming from the TV, which was on at the time.

A few moments later I heard a voice coming from my phone. It was an answering machine, as if I had called someone. I hung up just as it started to record. Strange, right?

Stranger still, the person it called is a disgruntled former employee that has already made false accusations about us to the authorities. We don't even know why she quit or why she went after us. Upon inspection, the authorities agreed that she was full of crap about us, but she was definitely trying to get us shut down.

She is not on a favorites list or anything like that on my phone.
I have never even set up the voice activation system on the phone.
I have over 6,000 phone numbers on the phone.

So my phone just made a call with no input from me at all, it was to a person that has already tried to hurt us out of over 6,000 possible numbers it could have called, and if I hadn't noticed it, all sounds coming from my office would have been recorded for who knows how long.

That seems to be some very strange coincidences. Anyone ever heard of the ability to hack into a phone like this?

Oh yeah, her husband works with computers professionally.

Weird. My Android was making a noise that sounded like a fax machine just a little while ago. I'm only moderately paranoid but WTH?

Open source junk. Buy an iTurd & ditch Android. To be fair, they both suck, but at least Apple isn't open source so it's much more difficult to hack.

Oh, and Google designed Android to begin with, so...

Recently a co workers Android was hacked

It was effectively bricked and inoperable

All his personal info and banking data/app data was compromised and his accounts were hit for multiple charges

He now uses an iPhone

I've just installed some pretty extensive security on the phone and the important individual apps.

Changing over to an iPhone would be a serious problem. This phone is tied into several other devises using proprietary Android compatible programs. Including all of our client files. I used to have an iPhone and it never worked properly regardless of the bridges we tried to use.

Back
Top Bottom