Marines Icon
Staff member
197   0
Reaction score
December 8-10, 2017

Arena Training Facility
200 Sherman Rd
Blakely, GA 39823

My Basic Precision Rifle Course, or a similar course taken elsewhere, is a prerequisite for this course. I am conducting a 2-day Basic Precision Rifle Course on October 21-22, in Pelham TN, that will satisfy this requirement. https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/basic-precision-rifle-course-oct-21-22-pelham-tn.1509270/

We will start at 1200hrs on Friday, December 8, in the classroom. That half-day will be covering all the formulae needed for long range shooting and wind corrections. Range estimation, wind reading (use natural indicators......ain't no range flags in the real world!), wind corrections, extrapolation, external variables, etc.

We will be on the UKD Range, which goes out past 2500yds, all day Saturday and Sunday. All shooters will have the opportunity to engage targets in excess of 1,000yds if their caliber allows.

Saturday:
We will engage known distance targets and I will do all the spotting and corrections. Relay 1 will shoot while Relay 2 spots with me. The relays will change places periodically throughout the day. This way, all shooters will see exactly how to call and dope for wind, as well as spot and give corrections to shooters. While I am spotting, I will be showing and explaining what I am doing.

Sunday:
Shooters will be paired up and all targets will be unknown distance targets. Working as a team, all shooters will have to range the targets using their reticles (no LRF's allowed). Once they have obtained a proper range for all targets, they will take turns engaging the targets; one as a shooter and the other as a spotter. Each team will have to figure out their own wind values and corrections, as well as the dope required to engage targets at various distances.

Gear list:
Rifle, bolt action or semi-auto.
Optics with a ranging reticle (mils or MOA), and finger-adjustable turrets
250rds of match grade ammo, or equivalent
Data book with calculator
Shooting mat
Rear bag or support
Front rest or bipod
Spotting scope (not every shooter will need one, just one per every 2 shooters)
Cleaning gear

If you don't have all the gear on the list, let me know as I have kit to loan. I can also recommend vendors for ammunition and gear.

Cost for the course is $700, paid in advance. Your spot isn't guaranteed until payment has been received. I accept checks, money orders and PayPal (you pay the 3.5% fee).

Lodgings are available onsite at Legion OTG and bookable through their Pro Shop. They are cabins for $100 per night and can sleep 2 folks. There are hotels available in nearby Blakely GA.

I should have room in my truck for up to 2 students and their gear, if you would like a free ride down there and back from the Atlanta area.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

For my resume, as well as those of our Instructors, please visit Precision Applications, LLC.

Semper Fi!

Back
Top Bottom