• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Calling SDN-6 owners - Do you recommend?

I have an sdn6 and after dealing with aac for a latch replacement issue I'll never own anything aac again. The mounting system is cool in theory but the latch wears out and will need replacement at some point. I work 20 min from their Huntsville address and asked if I could hand walk my can with stamp/trust and have them replace the latch.....after being on hold for 20 minutes they denied me and said I need to use their warranty system and ups guy. Don't let the sticker price determine your choice, it's a lifetime purchase and over a lifetime, $1000 is nothing

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Have you thought about the Sandman? I know they are rated to 300win and have no min barrel length. I think silencershop is running a special on the Sandman-S right now

Yea I've looked at the Sandman S. I think its very comparable to the Recce 7. Plus side to the Sandman is from what I hear the design of the Sandman produces less blowback to the shooter's face. I think the Recce offers a little bit more suppression and theres a $100 price difference.

I have an sdn6 and after dealing with aac for a latch replacement issue I'll never own anything aac again. The mounting system is cool in theory but the latch wears out and will need replacement at some point. I work 20 min from their Huntsville address and asked if I could hand walk my can with stamp/trust and have them replace the latch.....after being on hold for 20 minutes they denied me and said I need to use their warranty system and ups guy. Don't let the sticker price determine your choice, it's a lifetime purchase and over a lifetime, $1000 is nothing

Is that the only issue you have with AAC? How does the can perform? What are you using it on?

Is that the only issue you have with AAC? How does the can perform? What are you using it on?
I've used it on 8" 300blk upper all the way up to a 308 16" bolt gun. It's a tough piece of metal but it's heavy. I bought it the day before the silencerco omega hit the market, which really kicked me in the nuts. Right now it stays mounted on a micro 7 300blk, the real trick to the sdn6 is making sure it completely tightens up on the mount and doesn't wiggle. I know they designed it that way so it doesn't heat/carbon lock to the gun but I like repeatable zero and the best way I have found to achieve that is a mount that completely mates and the latch locks on the last tooth while it's tight. Sorry for that run on sentence lol

I bought a 2nd recently due to the price being really nice. Having already invested in 51t adapters on most of my rifles and the sdn6 performing well it seemed like an easy choice. A lot of the AAC stuff seems long in the tooth compared to the new suppressors being released but when it comes down to doing what it is meant to do and reducing sound, they all still compete quite well.

I bought a 2nd recently due to the price being really nice. Having already invested in 51t adapters on most of my rifles and the sdn6 performing well it seemed like an easy choice. A lot of the AAC stuff seems long in the tooth compared to the new suppressors being released but when it comes down to doing what it is meant to do and reducing sound, they all still compete quite well.

Well I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the SDN-6 as well. I already have the M4-2000 and quite a few 51t mounts so it seems to make a little more sense to just go ahead and save some money and get the SDN-6

My has been extremely versatile, I use it on 308,300 blackout and 223 I am very pleased with the performance of mine.

I know when it came out it was a great can and I still think its a good can. It has its drawbacks like weight and mounts but if you're comfortable with that its still a winner. Its quiet too from what I can tell.

I know when it came out it was a great can and I still think its a good can. It has its drawbacks like weight and mounts but if you're comfortable with that its still a winner. Its quiet too from what I can tell.
One thing i love about it, it's a tank. I don't think I could destroy the actual suppressor, the mount sure but not the suppressor. I also bought mine when gun shops were still pretty proud of anything with a stamp attached to it. If I saw one for the price you paid I'd consider it a deal.

Back
Top Bottom