• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Can’t make this stuff up...Trespasser busted.

Is it legal to put a few bear traps around on your property? I mean if you're trapping those large cats or predators and he stumbles upon a rather large bear trap, its not your fault. He shouldn't be trespassing, and with a broken or sheared off leg he won't be inclined to go back to your property.
This is what I was debating doing for someone that stole a few of our metal shooting plates but thought he could probably sue for damages

30 years ago I wouldn’t have warned him to walk away I would have just beat his ass soundly.
I’m becoming too wise in my old age....would prefer to lay down an azzwhoopin though.
I probably shouldn't share this. But there is a lake on Woolsie road in my area. We used to go down there all the time as kids. Walking right past the no trespassing signs spitting tobacco all the way along. Wasn't till a feller snuck up on us on the dock and had us both by the neck did we learn to appreciate the signs. He asked if we knew how to read, turned us around and said "Get". I have always appreciated how that guy handled it. Not too much but just enough. I commend men with restraint. Good on you for playing it cool.

Is it legal to put a few bear traps around on your property? I mean if you're trapping those large cats or predators and he stumbles upon a rather large bear trap, its not your fault. He shouldn't be trespassing, and with a broken or sheared off leg he won't be inclined to go back to your property.

you have to wait till fruity weird Dahmer types are in season..

This is what I was debating doing for someone that stole a few of our metal shooting plates but thought he could probably sue for damages
I know if you have your trapping tags on them it's completely legal on public property I'm not sure if you have to have tags on the if they're on private property.

Can you hide in your vehicle while someone else drives in? They can drop you off, you hide, and they leave. Your trespasser will think the property is vacant after seeing the vehicle leave.
Yeah or I can go in the back way and walk in about 1
mile from the forest side.
Ive done it before several times while stalking deer.
Could park at
one of neighboring properties and use their place as a cut through ....with permission of course.

Yeah or I can go in the back way and walk in about 1
mile from the forest side.
Ive done it before several times while stalking deer.
Could park at
one of neighboring properties and use their place as a cut through ....with permission of course.
Can I come along?

Just tell him you carry two pistols. One for you and one for him in case you need them :)

On a serious note - the courts these days seem to work for the criminals - so let the law handle it - period. Trespassing is against the law in Georgia

Back
Top Bottom