• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Can a felon with Restored rights travel?

A state can always turn a blind eye to enforcing its own laws, however, felon in possession of a firearm is one of those things that is a crime under federal and state law, and the feds always have the option of enforcing it, just like the drug laws to which you correctly refer.
Yeah I can see all that. My thing is that I'm very tired of the Fed's cherry picking what they decide is a violation . There's somewhere around 11 million Beakers breaking federal law every single day in this country. And while I don't really care about grown folks using marijuana it IS still against fed law. If they ain't gonna enforce their own laws then they should make it official that they just give up. Same goes for AR pistols with braces and Shockwave shotguns. If they can't keep up with the work around and new inventions then they should just admit it.

Congratulations to your Uncle.
I am of the belief that people should gain ALL rights of citizenship back once the sentence and ALL parole/probation is served.

It never made sense to me why they wouldn't?
My step dad beat me and my brother almost everynight....when my mother got the divorce papers, he followed her to work, shot and killed her, took my brother and I had a 3 hour standoff with police, finally surrendering.
I was 6, my brother was 3. Today this man is as free as me and you. Do you think he should get his rights back ?

Have an uncle that made some bad decisions years ago and has just recently had the state give him a pardon and restoration of firearms rights. He's excited to get back into the world and getting back into hunting but information is pretty hard to come by as far as if he can travel/hunt out of state with a firearm legally or not. Was wondering if anyone out there has ever found the answer to this?
Once he is freed,done his time,and paperwork complete, he can even vote ,

My step dad beat me and my brother almost everynight....when my mother got the divorce papers, he followed her to work, shot and killed her, took my brother and I had a 3 hour standoff with police, finally surrendering.
I was 6, my brother was 3. Today this man is as free as me and you. Do you think he should get his rights back ?
He should not be able to ever get his rights back. He should be dead. :(

Thats awful. I think there is a huge bell shaped curve when it comes to getting your rights back. The driver of a car whos buddy had coke on him during a traffic stop should not be held to the same standard of rights removal as someone like your step dad...

Also, for the record youre a stronger man than me. The day he left prison would be the day I put him in the ground.

That first statement is my opinion though. Dont mean to be disrespectful towards anyone who may have had bad stuff happen to them.

Thats awful. I think there is a huge bell shaped curve when it comes to getting your rights back. The driver of a car whos buddy had coke on him during a traffic stop should not be held to the same standard of rights removal as someone like your step dad...

Also, for the record youre a stronger man than me. The day he left prison would be the day I put him in the ground.

That first statement is my opinion though. Dont mean to be disrespectful towards anyone who may have had bad stuff happen to them.

there are restrictions to getting them back, im not sure what all they are but i think it couldnt be any sort of violent felony or the such.

Trust me, I keep tabs...I have two small children of my own that need me, and unfortunately our law doesn't go along with my eye for an eye belief.
Like you, I dont mean any disrespect to anyone. But that's an example of what's wrong with our justice system. Also, i agree that a guy that made a mistake with something like coke or a bar fight, there life shouldn't be ruined and shouldn't be held to the same standards as murder , rape, etc. ....some of you old timers from the norcross area probably remember when it happened.
OP I didnt mean to hijack you thread. I dont have the answer your looking for, but I hope you find it.

Plea bargain, he did his time. My grandfather was a high ranking official in the local government of norcross at the time. The good ol boy system had ended and hands were tied with a plea bargain. No death penalty.
"I am of the belief that people should gain ALL rights of citizenship back once the sentence and ALL parole/probation is served" ..Quote

Sounds like he should have been hung..Why the light sentence?

Back
Top Bottom