• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Can a seller's "tone of voice" turn you off?

Seriously, what is that all about? I do not need your "offer" in order to meet my financial obligations. I don't sail stuff to pay bills. You aren't "heppin' me out" by buying my gun.

i dunno it never makes any sense to me and kills hte deal almost everytime. the only thing that kills a deal faster for me is " i mistyped the price and its actually xyz more"

"I don't need to sell any of my stuff, so no low ball offers. Will not ship. Willing to drive a little ways" does it for me.

Why put the effort to even post it?
Why no low ball offers? You can ignore them. And how do we know what constitutes a low ball to you?
You are willing to load your crap up and drive it a little ways, but you can't be bothered to throw it in a box?

I don't need to sell = I don't want/need/care to buy.

Anyone know if this actually works? If so, I have a basement full of crap I wouldn't mind selling for top dollar with little to no effort on my part.

"I don't need to sell any of my stuff, so no low ball offers. Will not ship. Willing to drive a little ways" does it for me.

Why no low ball offers? You can ignore them. And how do we know what constitutes a low ball to you?
You are willing to load your crap up and drive it a little ways, but you can't be bothered to throw it in a box?

Anyone know if this actually works? If so, I have a basement full of crap I wouldn't mind selling for top dollar with little to no effort on my part.
watcha got? LOL

well we are having a SWAP meet nov 16th bring that stuff and sell it

Yes, it can.

One thing I don't understand, are the ones that say exactly where they have to meet at. The seller doesn't know who will respond and what direction they will be coming from. Details like this makes it appear that a deal will be harder to do with them. The more low-key the seller is, the more likely a deal can be done.

The tone of some ads seems to say "This is such a good deal, you are stupid if you don't PM me right now!" I've seen them get bumped & bumped...hmmm...no takers.

Some'a the "harshest" folks on here have ended up being some'a the "coolest" folks in person , in what little experience I've had . There's a difference in Smart*** and Hard*** LOL . BUT if i ain't in the mood ... I ain't in the mood
This. I don’t mind someone being clear.

Back
Top Bottom