• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Can an owners of the Beretta AL391 Urika give their opinions on it?

wmatl1990

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
4   0
Reaction score
I’m in the market for an autoloader for trap/skeet. I’m looking at a gently used Beretta AL391 Urika for $850. Can any owners of this gun give their opinions on it and let me know if you think it’s worth that price.

Whether it's worth the price depends on condition, wood, accessories. $800 plus is certainly in the range.

I own one 390 and two 391's - you can't go wrong with either one. I don't shoot much skeet, but I've shot a lot of sporting clays and trap with my guns. The 390/391 action is the dominant semi-auto in sporting clays.

Whether it's worth the price depends on condition, wood, accessories. $800 plus is certainly in the range.

I own one 390 and two 391's - you can't go wrong with either one. I don't shoot much skeet, but I've shot a lot of sporting clays and trap with my guns. The 390/391 action is the dominant semi-auto in sporting clays.

I appreciate the feedback. The gun itself is in very good shape. Minor little scratches on the foregrip but over all it appears in great shape. However, the price just includes the gun with a modified choke. No additional chokes or case. In your opinion, worth the price or pass?

I've owned a few, great shotguns. Don't forget about the teknys models either.

What inch barrel? Is it a field or sporting grade? If you are looking at a field grade 26in with only one choke, I wouldn't go more than 700 on it max. You'll spend a small fortune in buying good chokes too. That being said, people will pay 600 for one just for a parts gun. The 390s were berettas pinnacle in reliability, the 391 was probably their most commercially successful. The 391 downfall was putting the spring on the barrel band, if/when that spring seized up...it would break the barrel band off the barrel. It takes a lot of neglect and shooting for this to happen though.

Great guns, the 390/391 are arguably the best gas guns ever made. If you don't have to have a gas gun, get a benelli montefeltro and replace the pad with a limbsaver. You can be in a new one for under a grand...and have some chokes. You are going to have to spend money on chokes anyway with the used beretta...just keep that in mind.

I've owned a few, great shotguns. Don't forget about the teknys models either.

What inch barrel? Is it a field or sporting grade? If you are looking at a field grade 26in with only one choke, I wouldn't go more than 700 on it max. You'll spend a small fortune in buying good chokes too. That being said, people will pay 600 for one just for a parts gun. The 390s were berettas pinnacle in reliability, the 391 was probably their most commercially successful. The 391 downfall was putting the spring on the barrel band, if/when that spring seized up...it would break the barrel band off the barrel. It takes a lot of neglect and shooting for this to happen though.

Great guns, the 390/391 are arguably the best gas guns ever made. If you don't have to have a gas gun, get a benelli montefeltro and replace the pad with a limbsaver. You can be in a new one for under a grand...and have some chokes. You are going to have to spend money on chokes anyway with the used beretta...just keep that in mind.

Thanks for the feedback. It is a 28 inch barrel and only comes with one modified choke. So I would have to invest in a few more chokes.

Back
Top Bottom