• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Can any leather workers make me something like this? Simple pocket sleeve for knife.

I'm sure Bezos appreciated your business. We certainly wouldn't want to support any local craftsmen trying to maintain a trade during these difficult times.
Y'all talk about sticking it to the corporate "Man" until it comes time to actually spend that money and then you take the path of least resistance and choose to feed the monsters eating up small business instead.
You should have just asked for a good link to order something rather than a leathermaker.
Not personal by any means just a wider indication of one of the many things that's gone wrong with America. We want it cheap, we want it easy and we want it now.
Obviously we can't get everything that way anymore because the infrastructure isn't there to support it but the things we can we should.
Whenever I can I always try to support local businesses. Obviously it's not always possible but I just prefer to give my money to people in my own community.
Thanks, I feel better now.
LOL. As long as you feel better. ;)

Had it been July, I'd have been more interested in a member that "isn't on here often" and "just got going again". It's December 7th. Yes, I took the path the least resistance. Bezos can suck a rotten egg.

If the one I ordered doesn't work, hopefully a member will reply in this thread and I can get him one custom made. At that point, time won't matter.

I use a leather one with two compartments, and elastic Space Pen holder.

I wet molded it slowly to fit a small rechargable flaslight in one spot, and a Victorinox medium knife in the other.

Edit: bought on A-zon -
Diodrio

EDC Leather Pocket Organizer, Pocket Slip, Pocket Knife Pouch, EDC Carrier, with Pen Loop, Everyday Carry Organizers, Full Grain Leather. Chestnut.​

Those look pretty cool, but bigger than I know he'd ever carry.

I'm sure Bezos appreciated your business. We certainly wouldn't want to support any local craftsmen trying to maintain a trade during these difficult times.
Y'all talk about sticking it to the corporate "Man" until it comes time to actually spend that money and then you take the path of least resistance and choose to feed the monsters eating up small business instead.
You should have just asked for a good link to order something rather than a leathermaker.
Not personal by any means just a wider indication of one of the many things that's gone wrong with America. We want it cheap, we want it easy and we want it now.
Obviously we can't get everything that way anymore because the infrastructure isn't there to support it but the things we can we should.
Whenever I can I always try to support local businesses. Obviously it's not always possible but I just prefer to give my money to people in my own community.
Thanks, I feel better now.

While my preference is always buy local and USA made if possible; that's extremely difficult to do. After that, I prefer for things to NOT be made in china. And until someone other than bezos starts another online bookstore; that's sometimes the best option.

LOL. As long as you feel better. ;)

Had it been July, I'd have been more interested in a member that "isn't on here often" and "just got going again". It's December 7th. Yes, I took the path the least resistance. Bezos can suck a rotten egg.

If the one I ordered doesn't work, hopefully a member will reply in this thread and I can get him one custom made. At that point, time won't matter.
I stand by my statement. It had nothing to do with any particular craftsman. You asked for leather makers and then immediately defaulted to ordering some premade item from a company that is definitely not concerned with supporting your local community.
Don't take it personally, it's not just you, it's all of us.

I stand by my statement. It had nothing to do with any particular craftsman. You asked for leather makers and then immediately defaulted to ordering some premade item from a company that is definitely not concerned with supporting your local community.
Don't take it personally, it's not just you, it's all of us.
I didn't take it personally. I asked, and got an answer for a product by a (seemingly very) small U.S. company that looks like it will work. Happened to be the last one in stock so I didn't wait. On the list of my daily sins, it won't move the needle.
My ideal answer would have been "Hey GeauxLSU, I'm right down the road and can make exactly what you want within the week."
Didn't happen. Not a big deal (to me).

I know you already got something. But maybe something like the small sebenza slip case would work.

Back
Top Bottom