• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Can any of you bump fire a Semi M/11 like this?

That is the switch/device I remember seeing most. But the one I ordered for my 10/22 was completely different and I never figured out how to use it.

Does one of these look like it? If it was the first one, yea it didn't work for me either. but had fun trying to get them too.
T
20170912_214245.jpg
20170912_214131.jpg
20170912_213905.jpg

The one for the M11 worked great, 2 brust and 32 rds gone!

Yes I have had a couple of them in my day, LOL:becky:

Does one of these look like it? If it was the first one, yea it didn't work for me either. but had fun trying to get them too.
TView attachment 1315340 View attachment 1315341 View attachment 1315343

The one for the M11 worked great, 2 brust and 32 rds gone!

Yes I have had a couple of them in my day, LOL:becky:
That's exactly the one. I remember the bent sheet metal that wrapped around the inside of the trigger guard and that T shaped lever it was supposed to hold in place. I'm not a bump fire expert by far. But I suspect that the hand crank device that cycles the trigger 4 times per rotation works better.

skipping over 7 pages, to just drop my comments here:

1-- No, I've never tried bump-firing my semi-auto SWD M11 9mm.
2-- But, I've bump-fired a number of other semi-autos, and some of them worked very well at spraying lead at full-auto rates. The AR-15 was the easiest to do that with. But, as you saw in the video, you have to hold the weapon at waist level and only grip the gun with your non-dominant hand, as you keep your dominant hand & trigger finger in a fixed position and let the gun bounce off it repeatedly.

3-- As for wasting ammo, I had the select fire version of this gun, and this guy's bump-firing seems just as steady and effective at spraying lead towards the target as I'd do when shooting my SMG from the hip in long bursts like that.

P.S. That screw-on barrel extension / shroud really does help control recoil. It's a wonderful accessory for any of these guns, or their cousin the Intertec DC9 and Tec-9.

i220.photobucket.com_albums_dd42_GeorgiaPacking_CobraySMGsell005.jpg

i220.photobucket.com_albums_dd42_GeorgiaPacking_CobraySMGsell011.jpg

skipping over 7 pages, to just drop my comments here:

1-- No, I've never tried bump-firing my semi-auto SWD M11 9mm.
2-- But, I've bump-fired a number of other semi-autos, and some of them worked very well at spraying lead at full-auto rates. The AR-15 was the easiest to do that with. But, as you saw in the video, you have to hold the weapon at waist level and only grip the gun with your non-dominant hand, as you keep your dominant hand & trigger finger in a fixed position and let the gun bounce off it repeatedly.

3-- As for wasting ammo, I had the select fire version of this gun, and this guy's bump-firing seems just as steady and effective at spraying lead towards the target as I'd do when shooting my SMG from the hip in long bursts like that.

P.S. That screw-on barrel extension / shroud really does help control recoil. It's a wonderful accessory for any of these guns, or their cousin the Intertec DC9 and Tec-9.

i220.photobucket.com_albums_dd42_GeorgiaPacking_CobraySMGsell005.jpg

i220.photobucket.com_albums_dd42_GeorgiaPacking_CobraySMGsell011.jpg
Excellent, thank you very much. Hopefully I'll be able to try out some vintage solutions via AO3CoxUSN AO3CoxUSN luckily I do have the barrel extension/shroud

I'm just curious to know if these actually work?

They just put pressure on the back of the trigger (pushing it forward), which makes bump-firing easier, and more consistent. You'll have to adjust the wing nut to get the pressure right-- that does vary between guns. I'm not certain it would work with an AR; I didn't have one at the time. But it definitely works with an M/11. However-- you will need the fake suppressor, or some other muzzle device. Otherwise, there's no way to hold an M/11 to make it work. And you'd be a fool to try it with the strap, unless you're in need of a good nickname like "righty" or "stumpy".

Don't get too excited; you cannot hold the grip with your firing hand or it won't work. So you cannot be more than about "stump accurate" at 15 feet-- you can tear up a stump, but that's about it.

That company sells a lot of newer designs-- one/some might work better than the original. But the original is the one that caused the hoopla!

Back
Top Bottom