• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Can any of you bump fire a Semi M/11 like this?

They just put pressure on the back of the trigger (pushing it forward), which makes bump-firing easier, and more consistent. You'll have to adjust the wing nut to get the pressure right-- that does vary between guns. I'm not certain it would work with an AR; I didn't have one at the time. But it definitely works with an M/11. However-- you will need the fake suppressor, or some other muzzle device. Otherwise, there's no way to hold an M/11 to make it work. And you'd be a fool to try it with the strap, unless you're in need of a good nickname like "righty" or "stumpy".

Don't get too excited; you cannot hold the grip with your firing hand or it won't work. So you cannot be more than about "stump accurate" at 15 feet-- you can tear up a stump, but that's about it.

That company sells a lot of newer designs-- one/some might work better than the original. But the original is the one that caused the hoopla!
I've got the perfect M/11 to try it on
IMG_5940.JPG
IMG_5989.JPG

I had a Colbray M11 back in the early 90s. What a turd!
I've owned 3. It's funny because people always say they're pieces of **** but all 3 of mine have NEVER had a malfunction and run fine with Zytels, Zmags, and RPB steels. They're fun to own and fun history. Haters gonna hate
I own title 2 weapons
Suppressors
High speed SBRs
Thousand dollar EDCs

And then also a butt load of NAA mini revolvers most say are "worthless"
And a M/11 most say is "crap"

I remember when every home grown operator was saying 7.5" ARs are complete toys and garbage and pointless....until the name brands started offering PDWs and when science took place we found there's plenty of 5.56 ammo that expands from a 7.5" BBL at 100y.....far from a range toy......but hey some people only buy legions and some people enjoy ALL guns within their capabilities and philosophy of use!

And back then in the 90s you should have gotten a transferable for like 1500.00 or less maybe 800.00-1000.....then you'd be sailing for 8k today.....that soon after the NFA took place woulda been prime time to save a few more hundred dollars and pop for a full auto, don't know why anyone woulda bought a semi when transferables were readily available and affordable? But hey you know, not for everyone

They aren't turds if you care for them properly. I have one, got it for $240 bucks at the gun show. Hasn't jammed once. Its a 1994 year model so no threaded barrel. These things are really easy to bumpfire, even without the shroud (although its a hell of a lot easier with the shroud) Good gun if you can get em for a good price.

They aren't turds if you care for them properly. I have one, got it for $240 bucks at the gun show. Hasn't jammed once. Its a 1994 year model so no threaded barrel. These things are really easy to bumpfire, even without the shroud (although its a hell of a lot easier with the shroud) Good gun if you can get em for a good price.
Got mine for a steal from a buddy who was original owner. 1987! Full package too, 5 factory zytels, a RPB industries steel 30 round factory mag, front strap, heat shield, thread protector, U cocking handle, and a factory mag loader with Cobray logo on it. All I bought was a new neoprene buffer and a shockwave Z-Mag. A fellow ODTer on this thread hooked me up with the hell fire trigger adapter and I'm trading tomorrow for 500 rounds of 9 so it's on! I suck at bump firing and it p***es me off so bad lol. Everyone can do it but me

Got mine for a steal from a buddy who was original owner. 1987! Full package too, 5 factory zytels, a RPB industries steel 30 round factory mag, front strap, heat shield, thread protector, U cocking handle, and a factory mag loader with Cobray logo on it. All I bought was a new neoprene buffer and a shockwave Z-Mag. A fellow ODTer on this thread hooked me up with the hell fire trigger adapter and I'm trading tomorrow for 500 rounds of 9 so it's on! I suck at bump firing and it p***es me off so bad lol. Everyone can do it but me
Its easy man, you just gotta hold one hand on the shroud and push forwards as you hold a firm finger across the trigger.

I need to get a new buffer for mine, its an original, blew it out bumping it lol.
Ever heard of these?:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-CobrayMac...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Its easy man, you just gotta hold one hand on the shroud and push forwards as you hold a firm finger across the trigger.

I need to get a new buffer for mine, its an original, blew it out bumping it lol.
Ever heard of these?:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-CobrayMac-11-9-Polymer-Recoil-Buffers-aka-The-Fat-Mac/322577343846?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649
Haven't used those but have ordered the neoprene with the rod cut out for like 11.00 from FTF industries (bad name for gun part company lol but good stuff) and US machine gun

I just took my semi-auto (closed bolt) SWD (Cobray) M-11 9mm pistol out
1988 production, pre-AWB.

I didn’t have a barrel extension or fake suppressor to screw on its threaded muzzle, so I didn’t try any bump firing. I’d was afraid the gun would get away from me if I could bump fire it without a good place to grab it up front.

It was reliable, very very accurate at seven and 10 yards, and the fixed sights were dead -on for 115 grain full metal jacket ammo .

Rapid firing from the hip at 7 yards, my first shot hit the target in the hip area and every shot after that went right into the chest !

Yup. If full-auto, they have a place-- though that place is very close-in defense. Semi? Pointless unless you like buying ammo. Terrible triggers that sting your finger on reset, poor sights, heavy, big. A Glock 17 or 19 with a 30-round mag is far more precise.

I sold mine.

Back
Top Bottom