• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Can anyone recommend a good revolver smith?

mc678

Default rank <1250 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
68   0
Reaction score
So I have a ruger Alaskan 454 and a redhawk 45colt . I want to swap cylinders and have a 45 Colt/ACP Alaskan and a 454 redhawk.

I’ve swapped myself but the Redhawk With 454 cylinder has too large a B-C gap. .015 and the Alaskan binds up from the cylinder on forcing cone.

Does anyone know a good gunsmith around here who could get these going for me?

Why swap? Have the cylinder in the alaskan cut for moon clips and then you can shoot all 3 rounds in it including the 45 acp. Either have it done by ruger, or a good gunsmith. Though ruger would be the better choice since it wont nullify the warranty. And just load up hot 45 colts for the other redhawk

Why swap? Have the cylinder in the alaskan cut for moon clips and then you can shoot all 3 rounds in it including the 45 acp. Either have it done by ruger, or a good gunsmith. Though ruger would be the better choice since it wont nullify the warranty. And just load up hot 45 colts for the other redhawk

I believe that’s the route I’ve decided to take. I traded into the Alaskan just for the cylinder, I really don’t see the need in a 454 snub nose.... idk I may keep it around and send it to Bowen one day for the “real super redhawk” conversion and have a 4” barrel installed on it.

I believe that’s the route I’ve decided to take. I traded into the Alaskan just for the cylinder, I really don’t see the need in a 454 snub nose.... idk I may keep it around and send it to Bowen one day for the “real super redhawk” conversion and have a 4” barrel installed on it.
Just load some fast burning thumpers out of it. You can get some heavy projectiles going pretty quick out of that snubbie. Work on some loads. I think after you try a few of your own, youll start liking the more compact barrel.

Back
Top Bottom